WARHOUND = you’re moshing [via Euros/hardstyle]

It’s always lulzy when Euros emulate American stuff, especially when it’s American tough-guy hardcore. The cutest part is when they cluelessly worship something that, to Americans, is considered a retarded laughingstock.

For example, this band WARHOUND, who shamelessly appropriate the cover art from Biohazard’s 1992 lolfactory “Urban Discipline.” I won’t lie, that record has some sweet riffing, but I remember it mostly for how in the “Punishment” video, the guitarist spun around in circles and wore a leather jacket that looked like something you would see on a gyro vendor in Long Island City.

However, I do have to give them bonus points for being the first band I am aware of to “pay tribute” to one of my favorite 90s mosh bands EXCESSIVE FORCE! Check out the little natural harmonic thing the guitars do at :18 in the Warhound song, and compare to E Force’s moshcore classic “In Your Blood”– so stoked that I am apparently not the only person who worships at the altar of EXCESSIVE FORCE!

This entry was posted in new jamz and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to WARHOUND = you’re moshing [via Euros/hardstyle]

1. da bza says:

ummm, War Hound’s from Chicago.

Lololol serious?! I have never heard an American band say “hardstyle” so I assumed they were Euros!

I am even more stoked then, since I don’t let myself like anything European. Now I am allowed to be into this band, awesome!

2. StijnEdge says:

dude, hardstyle is an american invention. by which I mean the word. when you say “hardstyle” in europe, people think of dance music, not dumb, heavy hardcore.

aeight, cool.

3. DarthZedd says:

My favorite hardstyle song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFaqbMCLBdE&feature=related
    1:20 = FUAAARRK!

4. Mason says:

I saw Warhound shortly after they put out their first demo and got ignorant as fuck

5. Sergeant D says:

This shit is so good. Listenes to it like 3 times in a row while running yesterday

6. Mason says:

Also, blaring this ep at work really makes ol’ blue hairs uncomfortable.

7. Inmyheadache says:

I’d be willing to bet my life that there is a constant barrage of wiggerish arm movements at their shows.