MIKE CHEESE sounds off on YOUNG NIGGA [via Odd Future]

A few people asked me what I thought about Odd Future Recordings’ first signee, YOUNG NIGGA. But rather than try to answer them myself, I thought I should consult SYWH’s hip hop expert, MIKE CHEESE of GEHENNA. Here’s what he had to say:

Maybe I’m a hater. No. Correction. I am a hater. I’m a hater of wack shit.

I hate the music industry and their fabricated shock value artists, like the SLIPKNOT of rap music, ODD FUTURE. Anyhow, Tyler is at it again. This time disguised as the some more wack shit. Here it is. Just what you wanted America. A hipster dick smoocher pointing the finger and making fun of all of the fake assed gangster rap coming out. While there is some humor in this, I find it as amusing as all of the white, mexican, asian, arab and O.T.B. kids in Daily City ending every sentence with the word “nigga”. Maybe it’s mildly funny like teen cancer or like getting beat up for the color of your skin. Oh wait. Neither of those are funny at all. Maybe these ODD FUTURE clowns are starting to rub off on me. Pause.

Nope. This is just as wack as everything these clowns have ever done only this time they found something less shocking than rape to rap about. Good marketing scheme guys. Thats totally sellable and no one will notice.

Hardy har har. He said “Nigga” a bunch of times. Brilliant.

Seriously I lost 7 minutes of my life just listening to this and writing about it.

DJ’s: I’m sure this will be all the rage with the first time drinkers at Donna Smiths 13th birthday party in Newport Beach this weekend. You can also get points with it at U.C. Santa Barbra frat parties, bro.

BOOM.

This entry was posted in new jamz and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to MIKE CHEESE sounds off on YOUNG NIGGA [via Odd Future]

1. Mustard Tiger says:

I watched their funny or die video the other day and if you couldnt tell from the music, they are the biggest group of unfunny try hards In The world also the female member looks like alf.

2. DJ DM says:

he called the “shit” poop!

3. nick says:

i couldnt agree with you anymore. its all trash, yet these white hipster trash kids hop on all their dicks, just like everyone did when they heard eminem back in 2000, and continued to ride his dick till a few years ago. odd future and all these ass holes will not be around in the next few years…hopefully.

4. Isaac says:

It seems that Cheese is butthurt. Unfortunate, since I love his other posts.
    I can’t say I’m a fan of OF’s music, but they do entertain me. I feel the same way about Slipknot, though I used to fellate them like a motherfucker.

5. Brah says:

I’m about 99% sure nobody in OF has any sort of flow besides Tyler and Earl. Most rap is style over substance anyway, so I don’t really give a shit about the subject matter. It just comes down to flow, hooks, and production, and this has straight Soulja Boy flow.

6. 40ozfreddy says:

I’m definitely into some of the stuff Tyler and Earl have done. I think the Yonkers beat is off the chain and it actually comes off as a fresh hip-hop track IMO (even though it has blown the fuck up). Of course, a lot of their stuff its just meh. However, why the fuck they are at all associated with this clown is beyond me. Soulja Boy could run circles around this fool and i think hes the worst thing to happen to rap in the last decade.

7. Dental Damnation says:

I’m gonna make the obligatory, no good rap has come out since the 90′s remark, because it’s true.

8. Grindcore Ted says:

IDGAF, Tyler owns. GOLF WANG

9. VyceVictus says:

Sweet, I coined a new phrase!
    I was gonna wrestle out a well thought out paragraph concerning the state of hip hop and white fans from an insider-outsider point of view, but that would just be unnecessary and make me a sanctimonious asshole. I’ll just say that this joke simply wasn’t funny, but the amount of people who buy into it/believe it is.

Now, you wanna see good joke rap?

10. Mustard Tiger says:

Do people really not realize young nigga IS tyler?

11. jm6g90 says:

“I hate the music industry and their fabricated shock value artists, like the SLIPKNOT of rap music, ODD FUTURE.”

If you’re talking about their inadvertent ability to get oldfags butthurt about how ‘this is not REAL METAL/RAP’ then you are correct. These Mike Cheese articles are a bunch of hot air.

• Grindcore Ted says:

so true

• Anonymous says:

Yeah this guy is usually full of shit.

• Mike Apocalypse says:

I agree 100%. Everything I write is a lot of hot air.
      You are brilliant and have a refreshing take on this fine art know as ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL. It’s never beer done before. It upsets people over the age of 18 or people with an above average level intelligence. After reading your post I can now tell TYLER is great. His dynamic 72 word vocabulary and inventive use of sub par beats/production, make all of his web wackness is great. You changed my mind.
      You should apply your wisdom, insight and vast musical knowledge to writing for TEEN PEOPLE or some other fantastic SWAGaZINE. It’s obvious that you are a respected part of the musical culture. People with exquisite taste like “Grindcore Ted” and the brave and talented “Anonymous” also agree and will beg their baby sitters to have your articles read to them each night.
      You are wise beyond your years jm6g90

The hot air I release mostly from the blunts I chain smoke.

12. DarthZedd says:

“Oh shit. Look what time it is Tyler. Your 10 minutes is almost up. Better get a new schtick to entertain the white folks.”
    I have to agree with this. I don’t think he’s going to go down as a rap legend or anything. Just some rapper white kids liked for a while. I already know a lot of people that got off the OF bandwagon.

• jm6g90 says:

Well not saying he is the next rap legend or anything, but people hopping off the bandwagon seems to be as much trendy backlash as anything. Admittedly most of the non-Tyler members have no noticeable talent or potential though.

13. jondabudz says:

Yeah fuck you guys, i could care less what some thirty year old guy thinks about todays rap music. When it comes down to it Tyler and Left brain know how to make dope ass beats. Check out most of mellowhype if you dont believe me.

14. Mustard Tiger says:

^^^nope haha

15. gra says:

sure seems like mike cheese doesn’t like to have fun.

16. HERMAN says:

bastard and the earl sweatshirt album are gr8, but tyler is probably the dumbest person alive. every time he does something new it’s like watching someone dig themselves deeper into a hole. i wish he would just rap about coke and rape and shut up!

17. Ink Deep says:

“Controversial” label that uses Hobo STD and Cooper Black on its album covers…Stop it now.

18. dope says:

“I find it as amusing as all of the white, mexican, asian, arab and O.T.B. kids in Daily City ending every sentence with the word “nigga”. Maybe it’s mildly funny like teen cancer or like getting beat up for the color of your skin. Oh wait. Neither of those are funny at all.”

best line ever written, ever.

19. ob says:

I have to agree with Cheese about this track. The Pen & Pixel knock-off/homage is the only mildly clever portion of this “project”.

Odd Future remains fairly popular, their October show here sold out in like 24 hours.

Tyler the Creator is way better then Ill Bill and some of the other shit this guy praises.

21. Shiv The Impaler says:

All I have to say is fuck you I love Slipknot

*dad-hating rampage*

22. Dirty says:

Fucking sucks.

23. SWAG says:

Tyler is all hype. Bastard and Goblin are pretty much completely unlistenable.

Earl on the other hand. Earl is a fucking monster.

24. Tim B says:

No bias here

25. idrivearangeover says:

Frank Ocean.

26. Buck Russell says:

This songs one of those parody things artists do once in a while to show they really “get it” and are self aware tho, right?

27. jondabudz says:

Well that explains it lol

28. jondabudz says:

Well that ezplains it lol

29. if he wanted to be shocking he should have spelled it with an ER.

maybe its just ause im from nyc, but i still find it really weird and lame that people are rocking supreme shit, sell that shit on ebay quick to some french or chinese people before it winds up in your pile of bape shit and designer vinyl toys…

30. dza says:

tyler needs to be tarred and feathered, shot with a fire-hose, and set upon by a pack of german shepherds and beat by fat white cops. only then will he begin to feel something akin to the shame his parents and grandparents feel because of him right now.. “young nigga” indeed. tongue-in-cheek/irony/shock value… whatever– hes a turd.

end oldfag NFC rant.

31. Boner Patrol says:

You bros ever see their Nardwuar interview? They are legitimately unintelligent. The entire video is practically unwatchable and not in the usual sense for a Nardwuar interview.

32. nahrhead says:

I have a friend who’s starting his own t-shirt line, rides fixed gear bikes and has a wispy mustache. Anyone wanna guess if he’s into this?

33. Christopher says:

So, he’s being shitty on purpose to mock some other rappers who are also shitty but not on purpose?

Honestly I’d rather just listen to something that isn’t shitty at all.

34. Mustard Tiger says:

Lol @ Mike, you are a force to be reckoned with, this almost as good as the destroy the ghost thread. More butthurt oddfuture fans plz!

35. Mustard Tiger says:

Maybe people who like OF should be called swagg*ts

36. Scrilla Tree says:

This shit just reminds me of why M.O.P. is so dope.

37. This is the most butthurt I’ve seen on the comments in a long while. Odd Future fans always come seething with rage when you pick holes in their little idols.

They’re not even shit, they’re just boring and average. Which is arguably even worse than being shit or amazing because it’s just middle of the road getting by. Tyler could possibly be really good if he stopped pretending he wasn’t a little hardcore kid who pretends to only dig and listen to rap.

38. xjustinx says:

I’ve never heard a single song from this Tyler guy, but I get the feeling this might be his Chris Gaines moment.

39. Kent Mcclard 2K says:

Cheese’s comments are actually the most right-on I’ve read on Odd Future, and I actually like a couple Tyler and Frank Ocean jams.

“While there is some humor in this, I find it as amusing as all of the white, mexican, asian, arab and O.T.B. kids in Daily City ending every sentence with the word “nigga”. Maybe it’s mildly funny like teen cancer or like getting beat up for the color of your skin. Oh wait. Neither of those are funny at all. Maybe these ODD FUTURE clowns are starting to rub off on me.”