Oh god where do I even start with this one…. There are few things more embarrassing than when a band tries to “act really professional” when they are just a bunch of losers who practice in a garage, and this is easily one of the most embarrassing examples I have ever come across. I currently have the video paused at :07 in and there are like five hilarious things already. In no particular order:
- Worst VERB THE NOUN band name ever
- Where is this filmed? It seriously looks like the parking lot of a print shop one of their dads probably works at. They couldn’t find a grassy field???
- The random 8 year-old kids standing around in the weeds watching, probably thinking “I don’t know exactly what ‘fggt’ means but I have a feeling it is this.” Also, how they keep cutting back to these kids.
- The little “mosh platform” set up in the gravel
- Everything about the guy in the checkered shorts, especially his jogging in place at :45
- The practice amps on the “drum riser”
- Dorky voice that says “I’ll slaughter your fucking face” at :54, followed by gang vocals that say “COVENANT BITCH” at 1:06 (wat?!). File under “lines we came up with because we thought they’d look sweet on the back of a shirt in Impact”
- Stonerbro bassist in a Sublime shirt– there’s one in every high school band! When you’re the only four kids in your school who are into 2003-style metalcore, you make compromises like this. “He doesn’t really have the look, but his mom got him an amp for his birthday so whatever.
If you’re a real glutton for punishment, see how much of this Destroy The Ghost “documentary” you can sit through. It gets incredibly hard to watch around :45 when they start introducing themselves…