With summer concert season drawing to a close, we feel like it’s a great time to announce the latest addition to Stuff You Will Hate’s very own package tour, THE AMATOUR. Featuring Destroy The Ghost, Endworld, See My Fatal Trace and Take The Ark, we think the “bands who play 2005-style metalcore and have a video filmed in whatever location their parents will drive them to” scene is about to explode.
We are thrilled to introduce A DINNER WITH CAPTAIN MURDERER as the openers for this tour, as well as offer the exclusive premiere of their new video “The Operator.” From their Youtube description:
Metro West Films is proudly to present A Dinner With Captain Murderer’s new music video called ‘The Operator’! It follows the story of a babysitter who is stalked by the most mysterious killer in history, Slender man! Follow her story as she tries to escape the horror, and terror of this brutal children killer.
- Mirin how this is both a grassy field video AND a forest video
- LOL @ this video being a “Metro West Films” production- as you can see from their other “films” like “baby cursing” they are obviously a pretty big deal!
- Kinda bummed at their non-verb the noun name. A Dinner With Captain Murderer sounds like they should be either Eastern Euro pornogrind or maybe a jam band.
- MY GOD THIS VOCAL REVERB. Also lol @ how everything is so compressed that when the kick drum hits, the guitars drop out.
- Maybe the drummer saw everybody mocking the drummers in those other bands for hitting so light, because at 2:25 he’s flailing like a madman (out of sync with the music, no less)
- The incredibly out of sync, half-hearted jogging-in-place at 1:25
- The bish = WOOD SMASH. I have a big thing for slightly chubby girls (aka “water balloons“) with a 7.5 face in leggings and Uggs, so this video is pretty much a boner factory for me. <3 U REBECCA, holler at your boy!
- Someone make a GIF loop of :46-:54! DEM TITTIES, THEY BOUNCIN
- At 1:06 where they invent “metalcore Home Alone face”
- Singer’s mosh moves at 3:14, just sort of awkwardly holds his hands out in a semi-invisible oranges pose and headbangs. Looks like he’s trying not to fall over or something.
- The SHOCKING REVEAL at 3:50 where the bad guy pins a bunch of really shitty drawings up in her room and she is terrified
That awkward moment when you are butthurt because your video didn’t tickle anyone’s fancy