I like to think of SYWH as more than just a moderately popular blog for nerdy, introverted music nerds who wish they were popular, normal people: to me it’s a COMMUNITY. As such, I love it when people ask me questions such as the one above that really make me think. I saved this one in my inbox for a few days because fuck, I had no idea what was going to be The Next Big Thing in videos… until now:
Look out for moshing in the basketball court of Soviet-era public housing to dominate the scene in 2K12, I think this video is going to open a lot of eyes and keep location scouts busy well into 2K13. Additional notes:
- Dat drummers hat– why is it always the drummer who embarrasses the band with novelty headwear???
- 1:10 not sure if ironic circle pit, or just clueless Russians who learned how to mosh from Youtube tutorials
- Whose idea were the leaves on the drums? “Yuri, you must hide your drums under these leaves, or the secret police will confiscate them and trade them for potatoes”
- More bands need to do stuff like the part at 2:20 where they all jump 4 inches off the ground in slow-motion
- The clean vocals at 2:30 or so- I love it when Euros who don’t actually speak English can’t understand their own lyrics, so they just memorize the sounds
- Kinda stoked on how lulzy all their outfits are, because it reminds me of back in the day when people in hardcore bands looked like outcasts and broke-ass losers who got their clothes from a cardboard box behind Safeway with “FREE” written on it in Sharpie (srs)
Which will be bigger in 2K12, basketball mosh videos or fortress wall videos?? Have you ever tried a dance move you saw in a mosh tutorial video??? Will the next Attack Attack video prominently feature autumn leaves???
Thanks to reader Nick for awaring us to this!