Not sure if SKRILLEX is wizard-level troll, or just 10 years behind the times?

The only thing I’m not sure of is which kind of butthurt will dominate the discussion: A) “Skrillex is too mnstrm, how dare he like this not-even-slightly-obscure artist that I also like!!” or B) “Skrillex’s fans are mnstrm idiots, how dare they not like this 15 year-old album from a totally different genre than his!!” Either way, I back this 10000%. Also, lol @ jocking Aphex Twin in 2012… have u heard about that awesome new band DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, bro???

via Gruwel

This entry was posted in lulzy pictures and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Not sure if SKRILLEX is wizard-level troll, or just 10 years behind the times?

1. beholdthesharktopus says:

I don’t get the whole lol @ jocking (insert band here) in (insert year here) thing. Besides, Aphex Twin’s music kinda has influenced dubstep a lot. It is kinda funny how nobody gets it though.

2. Drew says:

Lamb of God has a new album out.

3. Feathered_Derpent says:

This is way too lulzy. Gonna go find the other comments on FB now.

Also I will never stop jocking Aphex Twin. Never.

4. GoingDeaf? says:

Well, he does say it’s his favorite song of all time, not that it’s the hottest shit out right now, so I don’t see the problem. The comments asking where the drop is are pure gold, however.

• BSMitchell1 says:

It reminds me of that picture on this site with the kid going “No breakdowns? Not music.” except with drops.

5. totestoro says:

Sry guys. Word on the street is this is ‘shopped.

I wanted it to be real too. I know the feel, bros. :c

The problem isn’t that they simply don’t like this song from a different genre from a while back, it’s that they don’t get that it’s a different genre from a while back and that’s the sole reason for disliking it apparently, for the inane reason that it lacks a “drop” and similar features to Skrillex. It’s like if he posted a Chunk! No Captain Chunk song and they complained there wasn’t a drop or wubwubwub.

Not butthurt about his fans being dumb enough to think that way, I couldn’t give a shit what they think, but in this instance I would say they are the idiots. Not anyone who takes a swig of rageahol upon seeing this, which is kind of understandable seeing how closed minded they’re being.

Also, what’s wrong with jocking Aphex Twin in 2012? Sounds like in your hurry not to be a butthurt old dude who hates anything new you’ve inadvertently swung the other way.

7. Dental_Damnation says:

So are we going to get a drop or what!? PLEASE RESPOND!

8. Cain says:

Reminds me of the times when Devin Townsend posts shit like this to troll his IMN fanbase.

i personally believe aphex twin was really good and still is. while it seems most skrillex’s fans may be oblivious to the fact that there are different types of techno than dubstep; id like to think all those comments are trollin at master level

10. Jacob says:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DROP???!?!!!?!?! lol Skrillex fans aren’t very smart. Hence the reason they think that either all he likes musically is dubstep or that he is extremely conceited and jocking his own shit as his favorite of all time.

• nimplysaked says:

The fact that some of the commenters think it’s his own song is absolutely hilarious!

• Jacob says:

I know right? It’s like they’ve never in their life posted something on facebook or seen a post on facebook. It’s brostep, so most of those people are probably mindless douches

11. SirCaresALot says:

Stilling waiting for dat drop…. :(

If he (Skrillex) is smart enough, he would make a remix of the Aphex Twin song WITH a drop, like all the other remixes he has done of other artist’s songs.

13. Lear says:

Raeg/10 at everyone wanting a “drop” in every song. Also raeg/10 at the people who don’t like Soundcloud because it shows the wave forms and you can see the “drop” coming.

My predictable music is too predictable!

- oldfag

14. cstmrsvc says:

“i was waiting for a drop that never happend lol”

also, being into aphex twin in 2012 is no more ridiculous than being into aphex twin in 2002.

Is this article implying there has been music recorded without drops?

“Not my thing, but they’re good at what they do.”

16. Micheal Boo-BLEH says:

Not sure who is more embarrassing, skrillex fans or dubstep bros who hate him bc he’s too popular now

Brb getting butthurt bc I heard dubstep in a car commercial :(

17. jm6g90 says:

shopped

18. Brah says:

NO DROP?

NOT MUSIC

Fear the fucking dubstream! Was actually looking for this to go in my forum post talking about how basically no dubstep songs had drops at all until recently, certifying my assertion that it is Actually Deathcore.

• Inb4skin says:

Did you make a pic of that on memegenerator?
      the most recent “core guy” image there has that exact wording,
      NO DROP?
      NOT MUSIC.

I lol’d

19. satrap says:

Srs bro. Don’t ever let anyone tell you dubstep fans aren’t discerning in the depth and.complexity of their musical tastes.

20. junjunweet says:

FUK U SHRILEX ALBERTO BALSAM IS TEH BEST AFEX SONG!!!!!1!!!

21. cstmrsvc says:

rumor is that skrillex is a character being played by an actor…
    the music is actually made by the guy behind venetian snares,
    and the whole project is being funded by the klf.

22. Lucifersmile says:

Great vid, tho

23. Maverick says:

This is basically the equivalent of today’s hardcore kids listening to old Snapcase or Warzone and saying, “the song is ok, but the breakdown was really weak.”

24. WhitestKnightsUK says:

I like Venetian Snares. I just wanted to say that.

25. Jim Carrey says:

ONLY SLAM IS REAL

26. Inb4skin says:

Skrillex is just sticking to your prediction of 2012 being tr00 and kids listening to music that was cool many years ago. DEFEND SKRILLEX’s musical taste

• Taytex says:

Eh, Aphex Twin has always been relevant and jocked hard in circles of people who really do listen to electronic music. Wouldn’t accuse Skrillex of being tr00.

Also those comments omg lol even I raged a percentile.

27. abraham says:

i remember he used to have a pic of himself wearing an aphex twin shirt on the skrillex myspace like years ago. you can probably find it using the wayback machine

28. Isaac says:

I love Aphex Twin but I don’t make a big deal out of it because I know nobody gives a shit.

29. Chris says:

what is dubstep?

• Da scorn says:

like a series of breakdown with wubswubswubs and makes your stomach feel funny when played too loud..<3

• Brah says:

It’s electronic deathcore. Neon, breakdowns, wigger steez, riff salad, and shameless ignorance that hoes love to get fucked up and dance to.

30. ge5undhe17 says:

awww how cute, Skrillex thinks he’s normal

31. andrw says:

so are we gonna get a drop in this post or what?

32. SalviBro says:

Successful troll attempt is succesful.