Cryogenic Husk presents MOSHING4CHRIST: THE MIXTAPE

Generally speaking, I avoid posting about anything metal-related, primarily because I don’t want to attract metal fans and all their excessively strong, unsolicited opinions and butthurt, humorless comments. But there are exceptions to every rule (via cliches), and there are some things that just can’t be passed up.

Is this how I sounded in the CMHWAK interview? What can I say, we are both West Coast bros who like to get down like that.

This retrospective on Christian hardcore and metal by former Tooth & Nail/Solid State A&R Roy Culver is one of those things. It features a bunch of sweet bands like LIVING SACRIFICE and BELIEVER, but most importantly it includes a look at Roger Martinez of VENGEANCE RISING, who went full retard in spectacular fashion (and I predict many of today’s metalcore4christ icons will follow in his footsteps, via extremism and immaturity):

After the release of Once Dead, the band’s second record, everyone left Vengeance Rising except Martinez who would go on to release a record called Released Upon the Earth. It was shortly after the release of this album that Roger began speaking out against Christianity, the church, his former band-mates, his record label and calling himself a Satanist and/or an atheist (they were one and the same in the circles he used to run in) depending on which interview you read. Sometimes he was lucid but more often than not he sounded insane as he made threats to hurt if not outright kill the people he formerly played music or worked in ministry with.

Read more here, and also check out Roy’s excellent “Best of Solid State” post!

This entry was posted in links and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Cryogenic Husk presents MOSHING4CHRIST: THE MIXTAPE

1. jm6g90 says:

>Roger began speaking out against Christianity, the church, his former band-mates, his record label and calling himself a Satanist and/or an atheist

are these people just mental blank slates or something??

I just keep trying out different extremist, alternative personas. If the novelty wears off, i just move on to the next one. Im confident that ill eventually find one makes my low self-esteem go away.

• Save Parker says:

Its like one of those old video games where if you went all the way to the right of the screen you’d just appear on the far left. Dude went so Christian that is was really very easy to become the other extreme.

2. mcbites to go says:

Wait a second, Jesus was right-handed?

3. jhamez says:

Generally, you can tell how hard-core fundamentalist a christian is by how far to the opposite extreme they go once they reject the faith. I come from the mosh4Christ scene, so I know from experience.

“still waiting for jews to embarrass themselves in musical form”

I am not sure if you are serious. gene simmons, blood of abraham, barzel, matisyahu the rapping rabbi…i’d say that outside of klezmer and/or jazz that no one listens to, their track record is pretty poor. not to mention all those fucking Chaunaka “parody” “songs”

5. Dental_Damnation says:

This isn’t tr00 metal, especially Living Sacrifice and Believer. You have terrible taste in music and you should just brb, but don’t and go die.

Sincerely IMN

6. BSMitchell1 says:

I used that top picture for a school project a while back. I dont remember what I googled but it was like the third result which is weird because I KNOW armwrestling wasn’t it.

7. LC says:

Haha for some reason I thought this was a Metalsucks article at first, and I scrolled down and was like “why are people not acting like fucking cunts”

Just here to say it is fun that there’s a blog named after my favorite Agoraphobic Nosebleed song (even if you don’t like them musically, they have some really cathartic and vicious lyrics, like Crass)

8. OBSCURE says:

I for one hope this is the first of many posts tagged “waiting for Jews to musically embarrass themselves “

9. Godeye says:

Don’t worry, D. Anything “christian” =/= tr00 metul, and IMNs only like tr00 metul.

10. Latinoheat! says:

I want tro0o0o metal goddamnit… fuck this poser christian shit.

Norma Jean? more like Cum on Jeans hehe

The agony scene? more like Faggots are scene!!!

(I non-ironically am waiting for a band to be called “Faggots are scene”)

realize/real eyes/reel i’s

11. Zapato says:

“Sometimes he was lucid but more often than not he sounded insane as he made threats to hurt if not outright kill the people he formerly played music or worked in ministry with.”

This part rules :D