If they ever decide to go nu metal they won’t have to change a thing.
When I found ELYSIUM I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s one thing to still be jocking ska punk in 2012 but you add being Russian on top of that and it’s hard to expect anything but a disaster. However I choose to live life dangerously and by danger I mean potentially wasting a few minutes of my life listening to awful music on YouTube. What I heard was a surprisingly solid jam and what I saw is more brutal than most videos from death metal bands whose primary income is selling t-shirts to angry teens who want to piss off their parents and look tougher to their friends in the Magic The Gathering club.
After watching their music video for a track of which I don’t know the name because apparently they can’t be bothered to write their song titles in actual letters, I decided to check out a bit more about the band. Unfortunately I couldn’t find much because their site is written entirely in symbols from Stargate or something. I did however notice that all of their album covers look like hilariously bad anime.
- Not a single dude in this crowd so I know for sure this won’t violate Sergeant D’s 6 month moratorium on metal posts
- I’d compliment the Wayfarers but since they’re Russian we all know they’re knockoffs
- This totally sounds like it could be the intro theme to an anime
- 1:13 I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone look so stoked about having a gun to their head
- Mirin’ that cheap cartoon looking gunfire and blood effects
- 1:58 being able to buy a cigar in Russia is like being able to afford a speedboat in America, the least you could do is learn how to light it properly
- 2:20 they killed all of the women but spare the one dude not in the band they encounter, is Elysium subtly trying to let us know they’re gay?
- Just noticed the bar’s name is apparently Tarantino, is this supposed to be a Russian ska punk tribute to Quentin Tarantino?
- 4:03 is he seriously singing, “Zombie no cry”?
- The most shocking part of this ending for me was that apparently someone can fit in the back of a Smart Car
- Time for the zany outtakes, guys!