Euros are mad about the new YOUR DEMISE song, wat u think??

Personally I think this just sounds like some unremarkable band who would have opened for Bouncing Souls in 1996, but people seem very angry about it. Seems to be a pretty classic case of “THEY CHANGED IT, NOW IT SUCKS” (see also this trope’s kissing cousin “THEY DIDN’T CHANGE IT, SO IT SUCKS”):

OH NOES SOME MODERATELY POPULAR EUROCORE BAND DOESN’T SOUND THE SAME ANYMOAR HOW WILL MY HEART GO ON

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips.

EDIT: Their old singer’s butt also hurts a lot because of this song:

u seem mad, bro

This entry was posted in new jamz and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Euros are mad about the new YOUR DEMISE song, wat u think??

1. thecodelus says:

Haven’t listened to their newer album, and I’m too lazy too atm, but is the whole entire album like this!? It’s cool to try out different sounds with one or two songs, but if the entire album is like that I can understand the h8 from da eurozone :(

2. SolarFlareSuperior says:

I think it’s sick. Doing pop punk 99% better than any of those tr00 bands out there. Hopefully there will be some solid hardcore tracks too

3. Wintermute says:

Two easycore posts in a row!

4. Flannel Shit says:

Can’t say I like it, and yes I do prefer their previous two albums, but the thing is, it’s not like I don’t have more hardcore bands to listen to, WHATEVER SHALL I DO NOW THAT ONE BAND HAS BECOME SOMETHING I DON’T LIKE, BETTER JUST BITCH ABOUT IT BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
    Love how entitled people like to feel with media.

5. Jonnyfilth says:

Complaining about bands changing is stupid, but I rly liekd old YD. I got to play with them when they toured Australia and it was fucking sweet. Now they’re boring as fuk and that makes me sad.

Also, that fggt should not be shirtless under any circumstances.

6. the ice cream man says:

the teaser video for that album is pretty sweet! they’res still gonna be alotta hardcore on this album. why hate them so much? they went from a no fun sxe band to like the complete opposite how can you hate on that its like a bug fuck you to the old vocalist cuz he was a douche

7. Autodidact says:

Tropes??? U lurk tvtropes.org too brah?

8. Brah says:

It’s definitely the weakest off of the new album released so far, but it’s definitely in the vein of their last album. What the fuck did they expect? NO GIRLS, NO FUN, NO MAINSTREAM APPEAL, pull a 180 on the last record and go back to playing hardcore? Fucking lol.

Also that shirtless pic is painful.

9. Ray Concrete says:

They went from one kind of boring to another kind of boring… It’s all good

10. beholdthesharktopus says:

I’m super into The Kids We Used To Be right now. I haven’t even listened to their other stuff much, but that is a catchy ass album. I’ll never understand why bands will go and do this. I can understand if they want to right straight up pop-punk, but why would they keep it under the same name? They’re fucking themselves over big time if they think their fans are gonna show them unconditional love. They should have gone the easycore route, they would totally make a sweet easycore band.

11. jm6g90 says:

ugh UK hardcore kids suck, combine the worst qualities of indie kids, chavs and skaters

12. xkylex says:

This is pretty unremarkable, the whole thing is one giant streetwear advertisement.

13. SexHaver1987 says:

I think it’s pretty sweet – they seem like chill dudes, so this is backed hard. Glad that the whole album is more similar to TKWUTB, though, because that record rules.

• xkylex says:

They’re chill dudes and they still support the UK hardcore scene, so yeah, they have my respect. The new album is less moshy…

14. georgeXspires says:

Dude has the most disgusting skinny fat body in existence.
    Also, old vocalist George Noble has stuff to say on his old bands new style

15. ge5undhe17 says:

SELLOOOOOOOOUUUTTTSSSSSS

16. now i know how turning point fans felt in the early 90s.

just kidding, i don’t care.

The rapper style scenes (When Ed’s on top of the building alone etc.) are so cringeworthy.

• georgeXspires says:

If you’re not from the UK your probably not aware of the genius music of the recently disbanded group N-Dubz or there most famous member Dappy. He is the spitting image of him in those scenes.
      PS There female member Tulisa recently had a BJ sex tape come out, not sure if want.

• Anonymous says:

Yeah I am from the UK, Dappy was the first thing that came to mind when I saw those scenes. I love how he’s been compared to Dappy so much on the video, that Dappy’s new single is actually a reccomended video.

Don’t bother watching the sex tape, it’s just a close up of the dude’s dick with Tulisa mouthing around it haha. But you have to see Lethal Bizzle’s reaction video, hilarious.

18. betabro says:

The whole thing just sounds pretty weak. Not terrible by any means, but if the whole album is like this I probably wont be too into it.

19. spined_wurm says:

i’ve never heard your demise before, so i cant hate on them being sellouts, but overall the song is just meh. the vocals sound lethargic/unenthusiastic, like he didnt wana sing in teh first place. if the song was like 60 bpm faster maybe it wouldn’t be boring.

20. n says:

this is apropos of nothing but i just heard a bbc journalist exlpain tumblr as “kind of a virtual teenage girl’s bedroom wall” so, naturally i thought of sywh…

21. K10 says:

These dudes are chill bros, backed hard! They stayed at my place last time they played Seattle. The other new song I’ve heard was tight, and I’d you didn’t see the whole singing more coming, you might be retarded, they had the dude from Lower Than Atlantis on their last record, and they basically went from sick moshcore to mnstrm rock that sounds like something my mom would listen to.

that’s good to know! i don’t like this song very much but like you said, it’s hardly a surprise given their older material.

• k10 says:

Not vibing on this track either, there are some obvious stabs at mnstrm appeal throughout the record, that don’t really turn out all that well imo, but you can hardly blame them for trying to stack dollaz, tour the world, and bang 6.5/10s from other countries!

22. Watt Par says:

Holy shit that non-English in the anal trauma rant.

they sound and look so fucking IN-CEN-SERE

and these fggts wanna be tru pop punk??

and the abundance of street wear brands…they´re probably giving mad props to 28 clothing companies as if they´re some kind of extreme sport-relevant band like strung out or pennywise.

1:15-1:16 should be a meme

DAT editing

25. chewbakka says:

I don’t understand why “George Noble” would want to fight me for liking this song. It’s like wanting to fight me because I like the females.

26. I thought these guys were British? The singer sounds like a German trying to sing in English

So they went from bland metalcore to bland easycore?

28. Dan says:

So tempting to PM ex-vocal bro my address and see if he really does keep his word. Butthurt is strong in this one…

29. Onil says:

Their song Born A Snake is kinda like the last album, idk which kind is going to appear more on this album.

30. Honestabebread says:

Wow. That ex-band member is being a fucking faggot.

31. Andrew says:

This is really fucking good. Was that facebook seriously the old singer?

32. Doughey Flesh Mountain says:

In the over analysing tradition of SYH, I present the evolution of Your Demise trend hopping (obv. I’m a UK kid who knows these fggts). For such an image driven band the simultaneous evolution of their getup deserve inclusion:

pre-2005 (pre-YD)
    Black Dahlia-inspired crap deathcore, see Centurion-the lead wiggers old band.
    Dyed black fringes and metal shirts as standard.

2005+
    YD born! xtuffx moshcore. Camo shorts. Xd up fists and a brief period of claiming edge, and obviously producing more croosh sxe shirt designs than they have recorded songs.

2007+
    evolution to srscore. Increased use of “stoked”,”hang-outs”, and adoption of street/wigger-wear.
    Also, hilarious but brief ride on the dubstep bandwagon.

2012 (bitch!)
    Increased wiggerdom. full-on american accent in songs and, of course, a dalliance with pop punk!

What will come next? Some ISIS style post-rock? a Lou Reed collaboration? Sum 41 sound?

• Jonnyfilth says:

$10 says Nu-Djentcore with a female singer and a tr00-dubstep interlude

• Brah says:

Dude YD with George was YD with George and was all about camo shorts, X’d up hands, crucial mosh, etc, they went a little into hardcore retirement plan area with dose electronic interludes and the “meaningful” guitarwork on IND.

Centurion-bro did the standard scenekid to tr00 pop punk swing we’ve come to expect.

It’s really two retirement plans at once, the scenekid goes troo pop-punk and then gets into white kid hip-hop and streetwear, gradually becoming a hipster or indie kid, and then the edge hardcore kids getting burnt out and either starting electronic side projects or joining some band with clean singing because they realized they don’t want to get a real job but they want to have money.

• Onil says:

I’m guessing that’s why they don’t have a single “original” member in their current line-up?

• k10 says:

I would back a Sum 41 record to the fullest extent!

33. Doughey Flesh Mountain says:

The next step is revealed! We do indeed have some paramore-y girl vocals, and some nu-metal(!), on this track. You’ve got to admire their scattergun genre changes

idk man it’s really obviously a “sell out” gimmick, they’re just jumping on the adtr bandwagon

35. Karol says:

Check out my newest interview with the band. We discussed the whole thing :) http://www.idioteq.com/tag/your-demise