Do you ever come across a band and keep flip flopping on whether they are sweet or ghey? Like maybe the first riff is awesome and you’re like “Oh fuck yes, this is my new favorite band!!” but then they have lyrics about crying yourself to sleep while listening to Bayside and you cringe with hatred, but then there’s a sick breakdown and you want to like them again??
If you have ever wished you had a bro to turn to for help during these difficult times, you are in luck. Please allow me to introduce the first installment of a new feature on SYWH entitled “IS THIS GOOD?” in which we try to answer this question about SUCH A MESS:
- Intro skit is a solid concept, but would have been cooler if the bald OTW kid was like “dude quit being a faggot and listen to Recognize“
- Anyone from the 626 = back tard; wish I was kicking it in some Winds of Plague mesh shorts with my homies in West Covina right now :(
- Band is named after one of the most underrated New Found Flory songs
- Way too many ‘silly costumes’ for me; reached my threshold for zaniness in like 15 seconds. Also, the super forced, awkward “omg we’re having so much fun” poses.
- 1:19 are the lyrics “I have some friends who smoke the pot”??!
- Dem weak, passionless vocals. They are American, but the singers sound like that Italian easycore band NOTIMEFOR who don’t speak English, they’re just repeating the sounds and hoping they come out like actual words
- The whole thing is kinda the same as that one Four Year Strong video, only with less Famous Stars & Straps shirts
- 3:14 Strong mantits on the guitarist. Actually, everybody in the band is a little plump. Do u even lift, bros??
- With the possible exception of the bishe dressed as the cat, nothing higher than a 6.5/10 to be found. I know for a fact that the 626 is filled with hot OTW bishes, so this is disappointing.