SYWH’s greatest hits: RAP EDITION

Although I think of myself as an old hardcore dude, I’ve actually been listening to rap even longer. It makes me feel like an ancient fossil to say it, but I got into rap before I even knew what hardcore was, way back in 1987 courtesy of Yo MTV Raps. I definitely don’t know much about current rap, but I do like it and I wish people cared more about the rap posts on SYWH. Here’s a couple of favorite older ones, let me know if you would be interested in more:

MIKE CHEESE OF GEHENNA REVIEWS RAP SONGS: VOL 1, VOL 2, and VOL 3
These are hands down some of my favorites posts ever on SYWH. Big ups to Mike for taking the time to review these, and for having such good taste in rap!

WHAT RAP SONGS SHOULD I LIKE
One of the first rap posts I did on here. In the comments of this post, someone finally helped me crystallize what I like: minimal, electro-influenced beats and hate funk/breakbeat-based beats. Sounds dumb, but I never realized it until the commenter said it so clearly.

I LOVE JERKIN
To borrow a phrase from JUDGE, jerkin may be gone but it’s not forgot. This is kind of old, but no fux given, I still love jerkin music and still love how mad it makes oldfag rap purists.

SNAPBACK SWAG
Feel liek this song didn’t get as much love as it should have :( I still have it on my summer jams playlist!

JERKIN & SLAM: SEPARATED AT BIRTH

One day I took a bunch of Adderall and though too much about dumb shit. Then I wrote it down, and this post happened. It turned out pretty well IMO.

GHETTOVILLE 2012: THE BEST OF NITTI

Fuck MCs, it’s all about producers. And if you don’t like Nitti, we’re not friends!!

DJ DIAMOND KUTS
Speaking of sick producers, dis bish is one of my favorite newish ones. Don’t sleep on this post!

Hit me up with more rap songs I should like– you can never have enough songs on your “tracks that make bishes grind on your dick” playlist!

This entry was posted in sywh's greatest hits and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to SYWH’s greatest hits: RAP EDITION

1. Void Eater says:

Didn’t you do this exact same post a few days ago? This all seems eerily familiar.

Not that i am aware of.

• Anonymous says:

Weird… This is actually a lil creepy. I completely remember a post just like this a few days back that inspired me to go check out the slams/jerkin separated at birth post. Maybe I just have the power to see into the future, that would be pretty cool.

2. I don't get it says:

Backing the rap posts hard, really nice to see variety, even tho most people who visit are metal nards. would literally rather read a post about any music genre than metal, SYWH is the only site I still read metal related stuff on, because this is shit is hella dope

3. swag says:

drunk girls will def grind your nuts to this joint. true story. AYYYY!

not sure about “tracks that make bishes grind on your dick” but if you want beats with ridiculous bass….http://youtu.be/yPN3GhJ2dAA

5. Walker says:

The slam and jerkin one is one of my favs, I thought that I was the only one who thought that pop music and extreme subgenres shared a lot in common!

6. bingy says:

2 chainz – spend it
    future – magic
    t pain – take your shirt off

7. Sean logic says:

Ah a “links post.” Somebody didn’t feel like blogging today….

j/k more non-metal music posts are always great.

8. Latinoheat!!! says:

Wit about rap/hip-hop that samples the fuck outta evrything yet makes it their own ala SUPREEME… gotta luv music dat brings out da freak outta bishes.. Not much into the new shit but into da west coast/alt rap shit like psycho realm, street platoons, atmosphere, Murs, living legends, supreeme, immortal tech, and believe it or not kanye n even sum NZ shit like David Dallas n chit…. No fux given

9. HAMTARO says:

lately been jamming: freddie gibbs, dorrough, ghostface killah, trae, ra the rugged man, pharoahe monch.

10. 665.99999999 says:

i love rap where everything you need to know about the song is in the title. U TRIPPY MANE?

11. SalviBro says: