Let’s Talk About Why the ‘Friend Zone’ is Bullshit

If you understand this, congratulations! just go straight to the comments!

The “Friend Zone“, coined by the popular TV show Friends, apparently about a group of people living in their own zone, is generally used as a term to described a friendship between two people where one of them thinks they should fuck and other one is totally not into that. In popular culture it’s discussed all the time, including in a pretty sweet Ryan Reynold’s movie with a weak ending, if you can even watch that far without getting lost in his eyes. Seriously.

But there seems to be a huge misconception about what is really happening here. Most ‘nice guys‘ hate having to be someone’s friend when their only interest was banging, and then get all pissed at the girl. And probably perfectly fine girls get shit on for not dating what is probably a really whiny/annoying/ugly dude just cause he hangs around all the time. The friend zone is thought of as a prison for guys with a lady warden, when really its just sad betas fucking up their lives, being bitter, and pretending to be nice guys cause they’re mad they got rejected. Let’s talk about some FACTS to keep you from ending up where you don’t want to be!

1. You Can Only Friend Zone Yourself

This happens quick, be ready! (luv u RR <3)

This is incredibly important to understand, and it should be taught in middle school. If you are Friend Zoned it is 100% the fault of your own, and you can’t blame anyone else. Doesn’t matter what you do, how you are perceived by others is not their problem.  You really gotta make some moves from the get go, so you can see if their is any hope for a relationship (or casual sex), or at least become an option down the road if you stick around. But if those moves don’t work you gotta take your rejection as an opportunity for personal growth, instead of getting all pissed at the lady rejecting you, cause its not her fault for not being into you.

Some dudes get it into their head that they’re really nice to a girl she’ll just fuck them, which really on paper doesn’t sound like a practice that makes any sense. So they just spend all their time piling on compliments and favors in a futile attempt to be seen as not a friend (when they’re really just being a really good friend) and then blame the girl for never being attracted to them from the start. If someone thinks you’re their friend and you want to date, they don’t have to, and most likely they do not want to. You can’t hang out with a group of girls every Saturday night and then blame them when no one wants to have an orgy. Why would your friends suddenly just want to fuck in a big pile? You do that with your Craigslist friends who responded to the orgy post. Friends don’t do shit like that, and if you don’t like it, good news!

2. Friendship is Like, Totally Voluntary

“When a guy agrees to be friends, he’s forced to stifle his attraction while regularly seeing and talking to the woman he’s attracted to. She discusses her love life and has the audacity to ask his advice on it. He performs occasional “manly” household and automotive favors for the women. Essentially, he does everything a boyfriend would do – without the benefits.”

—Some broad on wikipedia

What kind of fucked up friendship is that? ‘Hey man, I’mma force you to do all these things for me while I bitch about some dude and then leave because I am clearly just using you for free favors.’ But don’t blame her for taking advantage of the situation, no one has a gun to the dude’s head. You don’t have to go over to some girl with a boyfriend’s place to move her piano whenever she calls, you can literally go do anything else. If you want to help someone out go for it man, but don’t get all pissy when you don’t get a blowjob, you knew that shit wasn’t coming when you drove over there. All time and effort wasted is your bad, shoulda known better man.

If you don’t want to be someone’s friend, then don’t, totally not hard. If they ain’t interested its always best to get over it and move the fuck on. If you just want to fuck them and don’t like them as a person stop responding to their shit, most likely they won’t really care that much anyway. All for doing favors for friends, but if you gotta a shitty friend who asks for shit all the time but ‘can’t find their phone’ whenever you need some help, might be time to cut some friends, even if you totally thought you were gonna get some that one time.

3. Forced Relationships are a Bad Idea

So you miss the dating opportunity, but you don’t want to break off contact with the girl, now you got a friendship. Its great having friends of the opposite sex (or same sex, what up gay bros), and actually its a little weird if you don’t. Usually when people fuck up their friendships with ladies, its cause they’re forcing a relationship that has no place there. If there’s a mutual attraction tho, go for it. Not guaranteed to work of course but a lot people get in great relationships this way. Worst case scenario you lose one friend, and you can avoid that by not fucking each other over and going into a bad break up. This isn’t that big of a deal.

But its pretty easy to tell when the other person is not into you, and that situation its important to not force a relationship. Find someone who is into you and keep your friend around. When they’re not into it and you try to force a relationship just ’cause you really want it’, you’re probably just gonna creep ‘em out and create a really awkward situation that does not need to exist. Rule of thumb, if you can’t get at least get a friends with benefits scenario going (the living together before marriage of dating a friend), should probably give up on the girl. There are literally billions of others. Know your role, if you friendzoned yourself and are fine with it, have fun with your friend and don’t get hung up on her. If you don’t want a friend, you just gotta get over the girl, move on, and quit wasting your life complaining about some sex you was never gonna get. Its sad man.

Don’t you hate dudes complaining about friendzoning? Do you feel for hot chicks with a ton of friendbros bugging them all the time that will never get it? Do you have any chill lady friends or friends with benefits (brofist)? Shouldn’t that Ryan Reynolds movie have ended with him not marrying that girl, realizing they were never friends cause he was just obsessed with her and that’s what she’s doing now and then they start an actual friendship while he goes on to bang tons of hot actresses?

About Save Parker

I'm a college graduate with too much free time. http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com - where I post cute gifs and rap songs when we finish 'em
This entry was posted in advice, what we think about stuff and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

228 Responses to Let’s Talk About Why the ‘Friend Zone’ is Bullshit

1. saywhat says:

A+ first image, this shit and the crybabies it issues from bugs me to no end.

2. derekpants says:

Brb, bookmarking this article to send to everyone who ever complains to me about the friend zone.

3. DUDEMAN says:

Funny post, man! (Srs!) I particularly enjoyed the Craigslist thing and the final picture.

4. Totala Mad says:

Honestly I hope dudes never take notes on this article so I can continue banging chicks while they cry, complain, and be confused about women.

• dingdong says:

Wait, are the chicks crying, complaining and being confused while you bang them?

Where do you find these women?

5. Walker says:

This is a very good guide to the friend zone as a whole, and I will be sure to link it to people complaining about women in the future.

I think one of the hardest parts about the friend zone mentality is that, with me at least, you just don’t get why women aren’t romantically interested in someone trying to be their friend until it one day “clicks” about why it doesn’t work. It took me until after high school to figure it out.

6. JAShearman says:

Ergh, so fucking sick of whiny douche bags complaining about being ‘friend zoned’ when they’ve never made the slightest move on the chick. So lame.

• crunky says:

funny when the same whiny douche bags miss the signals of interested chicks in the first place and pine after a girl out of their league.

7. If you know how to use Reddit, go to r/foreveralone. Those guys are the worst when it comes to friendzoning. Bunch of bitter dudes in that subreddit

8. Lionel Richie says:

What I got from this article; disregard females who you’ve messed it up with, acquire females others are failing to fuck.

9. Latinoheat!!! says:

yup true shit…. if you get rejected do not give a shit and move on to the next one…
    theres millions of bishes out there…. if you ask out 100 chix @ least one will say yes and 1 is better than 0 bitches!!

in b4 i start listening to morissey.wma

10. TLDR says:

A+ post, I just need one favor: can you send this back in time to me at age 16? Somehow, the congratulations upon already knowing all of this before reading at age 26 kind of depressed me, as I had to learn all of this the hardest way possible.

No one’s fault but mine, but still feelsbadman

11. YANNO says:

me last year, feelsreallyfuckingstupidandgayman

was thanks to posts like these that made me pull my head in and start realising how much of a faggot i was being,
    got caught up in some girls shit early 2011 who lead me on because she was both crazy and she knew that i was easy game, inb4 u frendzoned urself with her, she pulled the moves on me a couple time at a couple different parties and i was seeing her for a month or two (although she never let me hit her with the hammer :( )then all at once just stopped talking and hanging like we used to and had me, like the beta fggt i was, chasing her, listening to all her ‘problems’, buying shit for her, trying to get her attention again, eventually it pretty much ruined my self esteem until one day an 8, that ive seen a couple times at parties but never talked to, messaged me randomly and almost instantly boosted me out of the negativity, cut off all ties to her and started thinking about other things, this was also around the time i started reading sywh which helped me not ruin it like i always used to and have been happily seeing this girl for a few months now.
    also i saw that girl the other weekend at a bar, said hello casually, she just gave me a dirty look haha, felt good since then id toned up quite a bit and shes still as bitter as ever and covered in gross tattoos (via an angus young from acdc tattoo from her hip to tit, lol srs).
    anyway, thanks for this post, really reminded me of how far ive come, <3 ur posts Save, you have the ability.

12. samgreeneggs&ham says:

Dear all WK’s pls see this post.
    Feels good to not feel so bad for putting beta males in the friendzone.
    oh and RR forever <3

13. drewbacca says:

And if you were banging the chick, and she just decides she’s not into it anymore, chances are she just wants to sleep around.
    Get out of that shit as fast as possible.

God, THIS. Especially when you are 18-25 or so, the most likely outcome for any given short term relationship is the bish ‘not being into it anymore.’

• drewbacca says:

Quickly followed by, ‘i don’t kno y okay.’

*note* Don’t even get to the point where you need an explanation.
        Just pretend you got hit by these guys
        insert/tommyleejoneswillsmith.jpg

14. cougar party says:

I had a buddy in college that was a true professional at getting friendzoned. He would start hanging out with some chick as friends, constantly doing favors/nice things for her hoping she would become attracted to him (they never did). Eventually she would be at a party with him, she would hook up with some other guy and he would flip his shit and create a scene. He’d then do the same thing with another girl. The cycle continues.

15. ultraspatial says:

Great post. I was telling this shit to people for years now.
    Most of my relationships started pretty much from a friends with benefits scenario, or at least goods frieds for a while. Though I never stuck around or tried anything if the feeling wasn’t mutual.

The “forced relationship is a bad idea” advice can be extended to breakups too. If a girl wants to breakup with you, don’t push her into staying, it’ll end bad for both of you. Unless you can actually work out your issues, but that’s usually not the case.

Also, you’ll never be friends. Unless you were good friends before, and decided that it’s just not gonna work out between you two, you’re not gonna be friends. The first few months are going to be awkward, since breakups are usually bad for at least one person involved. No point in sticking around.

16. Connor Arbiter says:

so gud

17. Wang of thunder says:

To avoid the friendzone, you must, as the puas say, always be closing. Always show your intent if it is to smash. It’s a good idea to be fun and flirty with girls so they know if their guard goes down it will end in smashing.

It’s just plain more fun to be sexual and make sexual jokes around chicks even if you just want to be friends.

• Pie On Fire says:

Absolutely! If you talk like an innocent doting child, what girl is going to think that makes you fuckable? When has anyone thought “He’s so sweet, I bet he’s great at manly fucking!”?

18. cgrind says:

Bookmarked! this is good stuff

19. Sergeant D says:

This post is solid gold from top to bottom, but the part I really liked was “The friend zone is thought of as a prison for guys with a lady warden.”

Although I make lots of jokes about girls but the truth is that I’m anything but anti-woman, which a lot of so-called ‘nice guys’ are. I hate it when fggts become bitter and angry at women when the only people they should be angry and disappointed with are THEMSELVES.

• grymboner says:

I feel their rationale for hating women is that they havedealt with the self-obsessed 8 and 9/10s who have no semblance of attractive personality or humility. They are being FZ’ed by these bishes while the attainable 6 and 7/10s pussies go unhammered.

Simply put, their hatred would be mitigated if they would just lower their standards a bit via cute-ish girls having to develop a personality/not being vacuous cunts.

• Save Parker says:

This is the main point I was going for, if you’re gonna blame women for not dating you instead of looking at your own flaws and what you actually provide and the feelings of the other person, you’re gonna be lonely for a long time. Entitled people always see themselves as flawless, blame others, and in cases like these see women as conquests that they ‘deserve’ for putting so much un-asked-for time in. Its pretty disgusting.

• nimplysaked says:

Ain’t that the truth, but let’s not forget that some women are legit crazy / exclusively date assholes… Like, the equivalent of this article for girls would warn them against them hating all men just because they choose to date a select few scumbags who treat them like shit. Not saying a beta WK would be the better option for a girl though! Great post btw and I wish I could’ve read something like this when I was 16-17, although I suppose there’s no substitute for the school of hard knocks!

20. jm6g90 says:

I feel that in the modern age the ideal of “unrequited love” has become so romanticised, which is part of the problem. When ever I see another emo “if only they knew how I felf” status on fb, or “that feel when she will never love you” thread on 4chan, I think to myself, STFU you fucking love it really.

• Save Parker says:

Part of why I hate the ending to that Ryan Reynold’s movie, and the ending to the Lizzie McGuire series, and the entirety of Zoey 101. We need some strong characters that can get over one-sided attractions to their friends to get with people that are actually into them!

• jm6g90 says:

but if they didnt wallow in self pity, how would they appear deep and interesting??

• Totala Mad says:

reading this section made me think of the Asian girl from Scott Pilgrim….

• Sven_McSven says:

Snap, what about the other side? Beta womynz who fall for some dude and then he just gives 0 fucks and she gets all WK on his ass. I know it probs doesn’t happen much, but it happened to me last year and it was kinda weird being on the other side…

21. Charlie Brown says:

Could do an entire post on this/10

Friendzoning is bullshit and that’s not to say I haven’t spent some beta time there myself. We can go back about 9 years to middle of high school and I see a skinny fat dude who girls find “funny” and “nice”, but didn’t get much ass. I started to get fed up with it and even whined to some girls/their friends about it. I started lifting(not as a direct result) and made some changes physically that happened to make me more attractive. However, that in itself didn’t really do anything either. I just literally started being a gigantic ass to every girl I knew and by the end of HS I could nearly bang any girl in my school at will. Uncanny.

There were still some girls that I couldn’t get, and it was because I friendzoned myself. There was this brunette OTW looking girl who was a huge pothead, super smart and beautiful. I would trip over myself at the sight of her but I got nothing. One night I asked her friend if she was into me and wanted to hook up and she said “Oh, I thought we were just friends, I didn’t know he was into me like that”. Friendship over. Not a sad night for my D piece fortunately. I had a back up plan and it was successful.

Now, being an ass hole isn’t a real strategy for getting women as life goes on. It will always work but it will lead you to attract the wrong kind of woman in the end. I’m still an ass hole but if you’re trying to GF a girl you have to be nice once you are in and have not friendzoned yourself. I was just always an ass hole and while it lead to many hook ups, it did not lead to many good relationships.

On the contrary, I’ve recently friendzoned a girl that I banged in the past. It was about a year ago at this point and it was a hit it and quit it situation that didn’t get weird afterwards. Recently for some reason, she keeps offering me dinner and saying I can sleep over etc. etc. I don’t want to have anything to do with her and it is really fucking creepy. She yelled at me last week for not accepting any of her offers. Probably never going to talk to her again and/or our relationship will suck form here on out. Yes, it is probably my fault for banging her in the first place without being interested, but it is still fucking creepy and unattractive to be yelled at for not wanting to fuck someone.

But lettuce be cereal, most people who are posting this stuff on the internet are self absorbed nerds on reddit anyway.

One night I asked her friend if she was into me and wanted to hook up

sad_trombone.flac

• Yeah, I only figured out how weird it felt to friendzone somebody after I had to do it a couple times to some chicks who I wanted to be bros with but didn’t wanna fuck who wanted something else.

Seriously, don’t put somebody through that shit, it feels weird and kinda shitty.

Also the worst thing is when girls think you are going for them and consciously friendzone you or don’t let you get close when all you wanna do is be their bro and not fuck them because they’re so used to guys who act like friends but who wanna fuck them ;_; so many bro worthy hos who I’ve lost out on

I’m glad I figured this shit out last year after reflecting on nice girls who I’ve let go and accidentally ignored in favor of girls who would either lead me on or friendzone me.

So many regrets ;_;

• Charlie Brown says:

“Also totally posting this article on any 4chan thread about feels and womyn friendzoning loser betas.”

Choose your beta, internet, circle jerk wisely!

22. A BETA PHGGT IS YOU says:

Got a chill lady friend who I bang every other weekend or so. Funny thing is, I kind of got friendzoned due to being stupid, and I wanted a relationship with her last year but she wasnt into that so I moved on… gave it 6 months, she eventually came crawling back for some. We hang out a couple times 1 on 1 watching TV in a platonic sense, then one weekend I call her up at like 11:30, “you should come hang out. In my bed.” been history since.

Nice to have a fallback, y’know? Where you’re both attracted to each other, but not REALLY attracted, so it’s not a big deal if they’re fucking someone else, too? Anyway. Never thought that would come back to be a friend with benefits, but not giving a fuck always comes back to help.

livin’ the dream

• Latinoheat!!! says:

exactly…. if it works it works =]

no fux given to girls will help if you’re a fucken horndog asshole like myself and see no end in sight of one night stands and fuckbuddies =D…. up until you hit your late 20s/early 30s is when everything changes tho… am i right?

23. RJG says:

I honestly feel super bad watching dudes WK themselves over a girl, especially when I’m smashing behind closed doors :-/

The “they know if you will or won’t within the first 30 seconds” is 100% accurate. Operate in this mode at all times.

Even then best of us have ended up in the “i’m not into it anymore” dungeon which, depending on your Bish Quest type can happen quite a bit. Enjoy the fact that you smashed and exit to the world map as quickly as possible.

Remember, SMASHABLE VS. WIFEABLE is a two column list and NOT a Venn Diagram. There can’t be an overlapping “BOTH” option so don’t kid yourself that a Type A can transition into a Type B.

If you’d never consider popping a polo collar in public, you might be a WK/beta.

Enjoy the fact that you smashed and exit to the world map

i used up all my phoenix downs trying to revive her interest in me. tried to reload an old save file but it was corrupt… wat do

• JoeTheRipper says:

I might have too much time on my hands commenting this much, but I might have an anecdote worth relating for once (srs). I saw this book one time called “Drink Play F*ck” which was the non-fggt/womyn version of “Eat Pray Crap” or some stupid crap. Anyways, its the story of one bro’s wife divorcing him and his rise out of the pit of beta/angst. The first few chapters are about his drinking binge in Ireland, and at one point, he’s going to make out with some chick from Spain. Unfortunately for our bro-hero, he is too drunk and headbutts her on accident, breaking her nose. Feeling responsible, he WK helps get her to the hospital, with the aid of a bro from the pub. In the waiting room, pub-bro asks “So, is she f-cking you?” To which main-character-bro says “No.” Pub-bro is stunned and asks “Then what are you doing here?”

Moral of story: Only be nice to bishes who’ve already been, ahem, nice to you.

• Jonnyfilth says:

cant_make_a_ho_into_a_housewife.mp3

24. dickshit says:

what if you are a seasoned internet veteran who has read just about all the practical and pua advice out there, who knows not to get tied up in the friendzone and how to talk to girls and never show weakness and perform next-level techniques but still never gets balls deep in a bitch

i’m like a dwarf rogue. i can see all the traps, and know how to disable them, but i still get burned by the dragon at the end of the dungeon. are some dudes just completely unattractive for reasons unrelated to beta whiteknighting (leave hygiene and aesthetics out of the equation pls)??

• RJG says:

Honestly, yeah. If you’ve cast a wide net via hitting on everything that moves and STILL nothing has happened then you need to take a step back and analyze what you’re really offering. Remember, girls are interested in what a guy provides in these categories:

Job/Career/Money – if you’re not making decent money or on a well-laid out path to doing so, you’re useless for any future plans. Smashables care about disposable, party income whereas Wifeables obviously want to know you can provide.

Looks/Style/Ab ratio – Going back on the “they know within 30 seconds” rule, if you can’t dress yourself/have no sense of style you’re already striking out. Aside from your face, the first thing girls will look at are your shoes. If you don’t have male model good looks, you can at least have male model abs. This pays off in droves.

Personality/humor/interests – Basically, be interesting. No one wants a boring dude who watches anime or cares about baseball. Be into shit that grown men are into. Own stocks, read the WSJ, play a sport and do activities. Girls want to know that you’re not just going to be hanging out with them all the time. Be spontaneous, not in a “woo her with flowers” BS kind of way but do shit like pick up and go skydiving on a whim.

If you’re not scoring at least a B in each of these categories you’re not going to have much success. Get your stats up and it becomes easier for both smashables and wifeables. Hope this helps, please be safe.

too busy at work to comment further but ALL OF THIS, A+++

• dickshit says:

i guess i am a fairly low level human right now and you are implying i need to have almost hit level cap to even get near a lady’s butthole. but there are plenty of scrubs getting at least something, so you know there are girls out there who can look past me not making 10k a day at age 20 and not being a mix of ryan reynolds/gosling. not that being a top tier demigod piece of man isn’t a goal we should all strive for but it takes some time u no.

• RJG says:

Nah brah, you don’t have to max out your stats, just be working on it. Yeah, scrubs can smash for awhile but after the age of 24/35 they’re just viewed as fuckups and losers. What they’re offering is fun/excitement/partying/drama which is cool at that age but unless you’re putting in work to get out of that mode, you’re fucked for life. Disregard those dudes, put in the work/time/effort into yourself and you have 20+ years of enjoyment. That whole thing about disregarding females and acquiring money + abs is true. Lay the groundwork first and life is easy.

• TLDR says:

IMO the money thing doesn’t apply that significantly till 2nd half of 20′s. I had no problem gut stabbing till my band broke up and I was suddenly 23 with no job prospects (Sarge’s post on why “being in a band is for losers” is the story of my life). Even then, I was cool until I finished nursing school (LVN) and found no job prospects.

However, as I approached the horrifying “coupling” age of 26, I began to realize something… none of my friends with degrees were actually doing much better than me. In fact, most of them couldn’t even get entry level jobs in whatever field they’re in. This is understandable with the creative writing degrees, but the business/marketing dudes I know are in the same boat, and even the engineers I know are struggling.

A lot of girls I know are going for older guys (30+) already established in their careers, who finished school when the economy actually let new grads get their foot in the door.

Obviously, one cannot completely fault economics for their lack of gutstabbing opportunities, as this is only one factor. Just noting that the “normal guy” (a ton of my friends) described in the aforementioned article hasn’t really “gotten a few promotions” and doesn’t really have much more to offer than “fuckup loser band guy” (me).

It should be noted that I presented the worst case scenario for the band guy and best case scenario for the regular guy (to maximize raeg)

• TLDR says:

Hmmm true, but I’ve frequently seen this play out EXACTLY as you put it. I guess I wasn’t worst case scenario since I did get some school done, but I ended up in that boat anyways.

I just really love the in depth social analysis of weird stuff like this, hence my massive digression. haha

• Latinoheat!!! says:

Alright here’s my goddamn essay to join the rest up in this bitch:

i was fuckup loser band guy stabbing punker/scene/death metal chix guts back in HS and the late teens up until well a lil brush wiff da law and a trip to the hospital changed me for the better to be a regular chill latin bro… even tho i get older and approach the mid 20′s coupling/gotta gtfo parent’s pad/must make currency n be independent phase of life and get more cynical i do get what TLDR is saying.. the economy (believe it or not) does play a role in wut type of bish you will seek or seeks you!!!

I was bar hopping DT El-Lay on st.paddys day last year when i met this 6/10 OTW RN at this one bar n then headed to another bar my friend was in to meetup and lo n behold i had a 8/10 cute brunette kenisiologist/nutritionist or w/e the fuck you call em talking to me on my hands there too… since i had no protection (n most to all of my IRL bros being young loser dads working at autozone or insert warehouse distributor/janitor/fast food/ low level loser job here via being mexican and not controlling their shit) I always thought to myself, “if i pullout n still get one of these bishes preggos (via brown juice being so potent!!! >;-D ), which one will it be? the 8/10 hot bish that makes less money or the still somewhat smashable 6/10(since i had beer goggles i thought she was a 7.5) nice chill economically independent bish that makes double to triple what the hot bish and I make? I believe I was a goddamn kodo jew or tightwad habib in another past life cuz i chose the thick chill RN that believe it or not was great in the sack and had some free rubbers from her job at sum hospital back at her apt she was going halfers w/ her roomie that went to FIDM….

needless to say playing the normalfagness/collegebro trying to make it in life does pay off…. just be prepared to work at it a good long while… in 2 years i will graduate knowing i made it and can smash any bish as my currency will allow me to enhance my aesthetics to :

but being cafe-skinned of course i will most likely be the non-union mexican equivalent:

now toodaloo motherfuckers >;-D

• Lionel Richie says:

Do cars matter? Like if you drive an entry level shitty car that looks like it has aids, do bishes care? I’ve never been in a situation where I can be judged on the type of vehicle I drive but I’ve seen some dudes with fine bishes driving bowls of porridge and it baffles me because I was led to believe the better the car the better the wimmin.

• cosk says:

Yeah dude seriously, I’m 26 and in a metal band : / and work overnights at a hotel for minimum wage (almost finished community college), which is kinda funny cause I’m more employed then some of my friends with masters degrees. The metal band + minimum wage night job aint impressin the beezys though.

• K says:

dickshit -

Who the hell makes 10k a day? The old, “a woman wants a guy with money” is only true for a very small (and shrinking) population of true. Essentially it was true when women weren’t allowed to work (and as such didn’t have their own money. In the 20′s if you wanted a new hat, you needed to ask your dad or boyfriend to buy you a hat. Now you simply go out and buy the hat with your paycheck)

I’ve hooked up with/dated dudes that were flat broke – I didn’t care. Why should I? I’m paying my own rent and buying my own groceries.

Who I won’t hook up with is that guy sitting next to me at the bar complaining about getting near women’s “buttholes” and self-pitying himself disgustingly.

• I’ve learned to never mention to non weird girls that I watch anime, because, if they know what anime in the first place, they all jump to the conclusion that I fap to hentai, like, immediately, and that’s an instant turn off for women because “ew cartoon womynz”. Or else they’ll try to talk to you about pokemon or sailor moon or some boring entry level shit.

I also never mention my music taste, politics, “quality” movies, or what I actually watch on TV.

Basically the best way to get your way to a smashable chick if you’re naturally weird is to pretend to be a normalfag despite being weird as fuck. Learn how to blend in with your normalfag friends. Or with weird smashable chicks, just reveal a bit of your weirdness and try to pretend like you match their level of how into they’re into said weird shit (anime, vidya games, books, politics, music etc) and pretend to be a well adjusted normalfag in every other way, shape, and form.

• TLDR says:

Dude, this normalfag advice is spot on. The best chicks I got with was by successfully posing as a normalfag. Unfortunately, I am an S-class weirdo, and it’s only a matter of time before the fairy god mother spell of normalness wears off and I’m revealed as Cinderallaweirdo in rags, except unlike the story they don’t enact a statewide manhunt to track you down, they just easily replace you with a real normalfag.

• Jayson says:

If that’s the case, I say find your people man. I know a guy that draws comics for a living that has been with a cute-ish 6.whatever for years. She is totally supportive of his efforts and digs all that stuff. That is basically all victory conditions received if your base class is weirdfag.

• K says:

“Or else they’ll try to talk to you about pokemon or sailor moon or some boring entry level shit.”

So you essentially dismiss their interests? What a charmer you are!

• eurotrash says:

Holy shit this! I wrote an entire post about this but never got the balls to pester D with it, now I don’t even have to anymore. :)

• Semantic says:

RJG, this is totally true!
        Women like a guy who is passionate about something other than solely chasing girls left and right, and has means to take care of himself and possibly a girl he cares about. It’s attractive. Style and abs may help, but who isn’t attracted to someone who is well groomed?
        And I think the same should go for the other way around. If a girl sits around all the time and talks about lame things that only girls like all day, that doesn’t make her attractive either. Women who are into other activities, are organized, and love taking care of people are also qualities that guys could consider. There should be self-improvements on both ends, not just one.
        Guys, please DON’T feel you need to be making $100 grand a year. That’s not realistic in most cases. Achievements come in many forms.

• smf says:

Just a side note on the jobs/careers issue: even you have some shitty job and don’t have a lot of prospects, you could still have a shot if you can come off like you’re attempting to improve that for yourself somehow, example: “Oh, I want to go back to school.” “I’m working towards (insert goal here).”

If simply looking to smash and leave, it’s a great lie you can play off since you aren’t planning on sticking around (however, if she’s only looking to smash as well she probs doesn’t care about your shitty job and lack of prospects). If looking to date, you can probably get by with that until the girl wises up and realizes you’re full of shit, in which case you’ve probably already figured out if she’s worth the effort to either improve your situation to keep her around or just let her bail.

• grymboner says:

Could be where you’re meeting girls, etc.

For example, I live in NYC where every bish thinks she’s a 10/10 (and I mean EVERY bish). But I went to college out of the Tri-State area and had some smashes and a 7.5 (crazy) gf for a while.

Aim for the low self-esteem ones.

• dickshit says:

community college in a fly over state
        i am fuked

• TLDR says:

Dude this perception aspect of attractiveness is another very solid point. This is particularly noticeable at hardcore shows, where 7′s get treated like 10′s due to the absence of competition (imo the reason most chicks are at shows in the first place).

25. suchjosh says:

I will admit that this used to be me to a fucking T. I would always bitch and moan about how this one girl had trapped me in the friendzone for years throughout highschool and freshman year of college. In hindsight, everything this article states is 100% true. You have to just cut your loses, FROM THE GET GO, when you find yourself in a shitty friendship like that, and go fuck some other girl that actually wants you. This is a 100% sure fire way to never be “trapped in the friendzone.” Of course, it IS shitty for girls to manipulate dudes because they have a vagina and that dude wants it, but that just makes them a bad person generally, not for some special reason involving the friendzone.

• Save Parker says:

Generally a girl who friendzones guys does it out of necessity, not because she’s some evil bitch. Of course there are evil bitches out there who will totally manipulate dudes for personal gain, and they are bad people, but that varies on a situation by situation basis. Always best to be on your toes so you aren’t one of the guys taken advantage, or at least figure out its not going anywhere before you’re too late.

• RJG says:

“Generally a girl who friendzones guys does it out of necessity, not because she’s some evil bitch.”

Boom. Girls generally just WANT to talk to and know as many people as possible. Social influence is a huge factor in the day-to-day life of babes. The only way to do that is to know a grip of people. “Friend” is just the default role. You have to bring something to the table initially to be classified as something else (via money/job/good looks/drive/ambition.)

26. herinderpin says:

go for the bitches that friendzoned your friends
    i used to subconsciously do this
    and now ive realised it was dickish
    fuck da police

27. Jacob says:

I think what a lot of the WKs need to stop pretending is that it’s all about personality. They tend to think that if the girl likes their personality as a friend, it immediately translates to blue ball relief. As much as anyone will tell you it’s all about the personality, women do actually go for looks. Being attractive (not necessarily a model) gets you in and the personality cements the relationship. Just because she likes your personality doesn’t mean she’s gonna do you. The woman has to be at least semi-attracted to you on some level to wanna bone. If you can’t get over that and think that for some reason you deserve a 10/10 when you are easily a 3-4/10 then you deserve to be alone. Go for the cute 6-7/10 girl and your chances jump drastically. It’s really all about becoming self-aware, not self-absorbed.

• K says:

So true….also, when a 4 guy is always hitting on 10 girls, that 5 girl may not talk to him because he’s obviously mega into looks. She may not think she’s pretty enough and/or she may think he’s shallow (a 3-4 guy chasing after tens all the time IS pretty shallow, and really can’t be a 10 personality-wise)

28. TLDR says:

Such good discussion in this comment thread, I just want to thank you all, especially Save Parker (srs).

This type of high level analysis in the form of ignorant, insensitive (read: fun) discourse is the reason I <3 SYWH.

29. Sean Logic says:

I could spend all day trying to come up with witty comment but most of my bros already said it all.

I’ll just say this—Sarge, this is one of the best posts on the site. I dnt think anyone wants SYWH to turn into Cosmo 4 Bros but shit like this is truth.

30. Lord Mokrap says:

BROTIP: Any time you find yourself thinking “She owes me sex” you’re wrong.

Possible exception: she’s a prostitute and you paid already. But paying for sex is beta.

31. RJG says:

This might be the best post ever on SYWH.

Seriously, WK dudes need to realize that they’re offering nothing to a prospective babe. If Freddy Madball, Lord Ezac and Jamey Jasta have taught me anything it’s that nothing in life is given to you. The same goes for landing babes. No one is going to think you’re worthy just because you’re a “nice guy” AKA boring doormat. Nice is like the default trait for everyone without an actual personality. Best advice is to sack up and make something out of yourself + have abs.

32. JoeTheRipper says:

I love how these posts blow up the comments section, while the “depressed teenager” posts end up with 10 on a good day

*sigh* It’s sad, but what can you do? DEPRESSED TEENAGER is extremely advanced material, not everybody is on that level (100% srs)

• sweatdripsfrommyballs says:

Thats because when it comes to posts regarding bish smashing every SYWH commenter is suddenly a ripped, 10k a day ceo smashing 10/10 jailbaits, pretty sure 80 % of these bros are just regular joes in their 20s who probably WK a coupled of bishes before, got friendzoned and chalked it all up as a “LIEF CHANGING EXP” and now probably banged a couple of 5-6 \10 randoms and suddenly thinks “I USED TO BE BETA PHAGGOTZ NOW I IZ ALPHA”.

• Sean Logic says:

lulz i think you just described half of the male population in the US. the other half are WK lames and maybe 0.03% are actually alphas.

• Void Eater says:

Worth noting that since this is a comedy website, most of the people talking about how alpha they are are likely just joking…

• Chillin' says:

Hell, going from WKing to banging 6′s is a big step (srs). Though to be fair, most people do that transition once they leave HS and realize the 10/10 jailbait they wanted to smash is an annoying fuck.

• Latinoheat!!! says:

true dis….. and why the hell do i see a kickass pantera background right now?? I thought this wasn’t IO or MS…. but watevs im enjoying it for the lil bit its still on.. better than that annoying HS douche w/ the metal horns that always gets me to raeg…

• cosk says:

ur insight is amazing, how did you figure that out?

33. jake says:

is it possible to eventually pee on a girl who friendzoned you?

34. Wang of thunder says:

never been friend zoned by a girl, but thats because i didnt have any female friends at all during my embarrassing years. never friend zoned a chick either, but thats because i have very low standards. either hit and quit or lead a girl im not that into on.

35. Godeye says:

Just like always, this post is good but the comments are better. <3 you all

36. Chillin' says:

Being a whiny, beta loser with no sense of awareness, social value, etc. is basically like spraying a bunch of Repellent on yourself before wondering into the tall grass and expecting a shiny, Legendary Pokemon to appear from the get go and catch it by throwing a Pokeball at it without attacking it or anything.

What you gotta do is remember what you do at the Safari Zone. Throw a little bait to let them know that you’re interested. If they stick around, you have a shot at throwing your Pokeball. You can always just go for the Pokeball right off the bat, push for something without much effort. Your chances just vary though. You’ll always get that one that gets caught off the bat, and that one that just stays there the whole time, and you waste all your damn Pokeballs tryign to catch it.

Even throwing stones sometimes gets them angry and want to stay around for a while. You catch the crazy Pokemon this way (Rhydons, I’m looking at you). Tough to keep but hey, that’s that.

WKing is essentially pressing “run” and wondering why the Pokemon doesn’t just chase after you, begging to get caught.

• Save Parker says:

If you throw bait (favors, compliments) they are actually harder to catch, but will stay around longer. That’s why its good to throw some rocks, they won’t stay around for long, but become a lot easier to catch. Pokemon explains everything always.

• Chillin' says:

I was actually thinking of bait as in terms of things that make you a favorable mate “ripped 10K a day CEO” comes to mind. Throwing compliment bait is tricky. I can’t do it, haha.

• Save Parker says:

Awww, I was thinking bait was something negative because catching is only just a one time bang. But yours works too if catching is like a relationship. Not gonna think too hard about it.

• cosk says:

I’m so glad somebody explained this with pokemon. srs.

37. inb4today says:

this is a good article but it doesnt talk about if youve been banging a chick for liek 6 months and then the friendzoning happpens.

feelsbad.wma

• Save Parker says:

sounds like she just dumped you bro, wallow for a day or two and then get back to banging random chicks.

• TLDR says:

These things are tricky though, most of my “relationships” are non defined friends with benefits weird things, and it can be kind of hard to tell when they’re “over.” Like I get when we haven’t fucked in like 2 weeks, she doesn’t consistently reply to texts, etc are all ques that its done, but then I bone one of her friends and she and her WK ensemble all have a temper tantrum and I’m like “wut, I thought u were over it” and she’s like “acualy ur GF” and I’m like “but we never discussed this and u never reply to texts” and she’s like “TLDR pls”

And then IDK what to do because I actually liked her but wasn’t going to waste my time/pass up other bang opportunities if she wasn’t into it, you know? This has happened to me like 5 times haha.

I guess my point is that some of us are in that awkward place where we’re not full on beta but aren’t Sarge level alphas either, and that’s the vibe I’m getting from inb4today’s comment

38. Sven_McSven says:

This article is both one of the most depressing and one of the most uplifting I’ve ever read…
    Depressing coz I fall into a lot of these traps, but uplifting coz it gives me hope for a better me starting now! Thnx Parker, ur beautiful (no homo)

• Know that feel bro. I did manage to break that cycle though a few years ago, with the help of an amazing girl who I had a friends w. benefits scenario with. I owe her a lot, for kicking my ass and getting me to stop whining. However, when I had, I had it BAD :(
      I was the worst beta ever, srs. Happy 4 u bros that are still in your teens and can put this to good use and spare yourself of the embarassment. Go forth and smash, young brethren!

That said, everything is so spot on in this article, it hurts to think about it.

39. commie says:

sywh changed my lief (srs)
    i used to be a 100% beta wk phggt (still am sometimes but not that often) but after i’ve discovered sywh and read posts like this i realized that something was wrong with me (and not with the world or wymyn) and decided to change for the better. smashed 2 random bishes right afterwards!
    and this post is another flash of hope for all the betas lost in the depths of the darkest forest of self-pity

40. comrade V says:

does that make volumes butthurt djent core??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8zCY9f3OA&ob=av2e

41. STEVE says:

didn’t chris rock coin “friendzone” in his “bring the pain” stand-up special?

42. Jaimehere says:

Hey Sarge, you think its advisable to steal a chick from a bro whom you really don’t know or are not friends with?

There is physical attraction on both sides if you wanted to know

43. meer says:

These posts make me die a little inside everytime i read them, cuz they remind me of how much of a beta phgt i used to be. Srs question: is the road to becoming alpha filled with beta moments such as these? surely im not the only one… right? please rspnd :(

44. do u even conjugate bro says:

While procrastinating from studying Ancient Greek I got to thinking of this article. In Ancient Greek, there are three voices: the active, ‘I stop’; the passive, ‘I am stopped’; and last but not least, the slightly curious middle, ‘I stop myself’. In a lot of tenses, like the present, the middle and the passive are conjugated the same way, but there is a distinct difference in meaning. Whereas in the past tense, there are clear markers. If only there were a way semantically in English to demonstrate that “I got friendzoned” actually has a middle sense, not a passive one.

idk, I’m sleepy and trying to avoid work. But it’s like, with a passive verb, there’s always an agent, the ‘doer’. Like, “I was stopped” implies you were stopped BY someone. But if there were a way to explain that ‘friendzone’ is itself a middle-sense verb, there could be no possible confusion that a guy was friendzoned by anyone but himself.

tl;dr Let’s go back to the overly complicated language of people who based their word for ‘foreigner’ around the fact that they talk weird (barbarian refers to Persians and means people who go “bar bar bar bar bar”), and regularly fucked kids.

45. Pingback: This Red Cafe song is THE FUCKING BEST | STUFF YOU WILL HATE

46. Asshole says:

Don’t you hate dudes complaining about friendzoning?
    - No, everyone has a right to speak their mind. What I hate is egotistical pseudo-alpha bloggers.
    - No, all they are is a hot appearance, a shell, sex is all they will ever be good for, so it should come as no surprise that guys bug them for it.
    Do you have any chill lady friends or friends with benefits (brofist)?
    - No, female friends are only good for fucking. Male friends on the other hand are only good for favors. If there are neither involved, my friends could go choke on a dick for all I care.
    - I don’t know, I don’t watch shit.

• Jonnyfilth says:

Pretty sure you covered all the points!!
      Thanks for your long, boring, unsolicited negative opinion.
      Keep telling yourself you’re not a faggot, maybe one day it’ll come true!!

• Save Parker says:

you kno that guy who doesn’t have any friends and no one likes him but he still shows up to like parties and stuff and everyone hates that and just ignores him til leaves and then gets all mad at whoever told him about it in the first place? this is that guy, who lives a sad miserable lifestyle of hating women, men, and everything else.

47. steezmessiah says:

why don’t girls realize that I only talk to/acknowledge them in the first place because I want to fuck them?

48. boomtube says:

Thanks for this – awesome stuff.
    My contribution: If there’s a mutual physical attraction between 2 people and no barriers (ie other partners, distance etc) then a friendship won’t develop, a relationship will. If a relationship doesn’t develop, then that’s because it’s not supposed to. If a friendship develops but you resent the other person for not banging you, then that friendship isn’t meant to be either. My friends are people that I like. I avoid people I don’t like and people I am ambivalent towards because life is too short to try to fake chemistry with people who don’t really get you.

The biggest self-defeating mistake guys who complain about being friendzoned make is not being real. Once you see every lady as a potential gf / lay you stop being yourself with a girl and try to be this thing you THINK she wants. You might not even realise that she’s not really your type, you’re that busy thinking “why am I not her type?” When people try too hard to please, it’s really hard to know who they really are and connect properly with them. Plus it can be creepy as f*ck.

49. lpcstr says:

Let’s talk about why this article is bullshit.

50. Most wrong says:

U got it wrong bitch, when their is the friendzone it’s not always cause we wanna “bang” maybe in ur case but not most of ours, that’s the assholes job. We become friends but at a point in time, we fall in love With them, and just wanna be with them, always, and u would like them to feel the same, so when we ask them out if they say no, we feel REALLY bad and awkward and put bunch of thoughts in our head that we r not attractive enough or not enough money or shit like that. Sir that is friendzone, which I have suffered

• xFredSavagecorex says:

^We have a beta

• Save Parker says:

Sounds more like you got infatuated and rejected. Every part of my advice would still be the same, its not her fault for not being into you, you don’t have to stay being her friend if you don’t want to and you should move on, and if you weren’t so infatuated to think you were “in love” with a girl you aren’t even dating you’d probably notice that the relationship in your mind was a fantasy, and with any realism you would both be unhappy if actually forced to be together.

And moreover, from your use of ‘bitch’ right up front in a very not friendly way, reference to assholes as the dudes who just bang women, and questioning of your own abilities instead of thinking about anything from the female’s perspective, I think you kind of hate women.

They aren’t some game you try to win by having a bunch of money and being good looking, they are human beings with thoughts and feelings and needs that you just can’t understand or fulfill. You have it in your mind that you’re a nice guy, and want to find a nice girl to “be with them, always”, but if they don’t want whatever creepy, attached relationship that would be and just want some casual sex, they’re banging assholes, and you’d probably call them a slut or something. You just want different things, and it would be a trainwreck for you two to be together just because of the imbalance mentally.

Its good to think you’re not attractive enough or don’t have enough money, those kinds of thoughts lead to shame which leads to personal improvement which leads to you becoming a great person. But its so much more than that, you have to be the person a woman wants to be with for a reason, not just because you’re nice or because you look alright, but because you provide things for her that make her happy in ways other people can’t. Its sounds like you’re really far off from that point man, but so are a lot of people, and working on realistic goals to improve yourself while actually thinking about what you can offer from the female’s point of view can go along way in helping find someone and getting into a positive relationship for yourself and her.

Remember, you don’t know what love is right now. You probably aren’t even in the friendzone, just rejected which might hurt even more. But its not a time to blame her and be bitter or blame yourself and give up because you’re not good enough, its the time to blame yourself and GET MOTIVATED into actually becoming someone that a girl wants to be with, always.

And notice I said ‘a girl’ not ‘she’, whoever this girl you tricked yourself into thinking you loved is, you gotta remove her from your life. Don’t be rude and tell her to fuck off, just limit the time you spend with her and focus on other people. You are in control of your life, and there are a lot more women out there. Don’t limit yourself, if you put in the work you can become the person you want to be, whatever that is. And you’ll go through a lot more rejection, but staying the course of self-improvement will help you move on and just focus on building that person who can be the man they want be with. You can sit here in wallow about the assholes now, or follow all that suffering to lead to happiness.

Hope any of this helped even a little, here for you in these dark times brother. <3

51. Pingback: Anonymous

52. Pingback: Top 5: Tips for Men’s Advice Columns | BITCHTOPIA

53. While I somewhat agree with most of what you say here’s some things that came up when I read this. Obviously it SEEMS that you have not been in that moment when you’ve met someone and your heart quivers and you wish you didn’t feel this urge to be with someone that you’ve just met. That person is like a breath of air in a dark world. So you hang around and she tells you the dreaded line, “I’d be better if we just remain friends”. Most of the time as she acts oblivious to his feelings and take her a while to share this with him as she analyzes him from her outdated alpha male checklist. When the beta guy fails the internal checklist that by the way she’s unaware that he probably could develop alpha traits with confidence, she’ll however get the alpha that ignores, acts indifferent and doesn’t seem to value her, maybe ever beats her. But hey she wants a guy like that doesn’t she, the beta guy that adores her would step up to the plate as a husband, and father most times cause he got his dream girl. She lives for the guy who ignores and acts indifferent as when she is in her whiny complaining mood it’s the beta that listens, and yes maybe cause he’s there cause he wants her but he wants her as he likes her as a person, not just a booty call FYI his actions SHOW this. Funny how women claim that they get upset with most men because when men take emotion and understanding out of the equation they get upset. You sound like an alpha chick that hates when a man with beta qualities is attracted to you and I’m SURE you share with him RIGHT away that you only want to be friends, hell no I was being sarcastic there!! No you know RIGHT from the start his intentions but you have to make sure he gets locked in before you share the “Friend Only” option knowing damn well that he’s gonna get obsessed. Then they complain that he gets clingy and pushes him away. They take what they want so they have a willing companion that will be support when the things the alpha does upset them. They bang the alpha and tell the beta that’s hoping she’ll someday she’ll come to her senses and see how much of a prize he is but alas they never do. They slap the betas in the face by telling what the negative things alphas do to them, they know fucking well that to a beta male with a heart that he’ll feel sorry for them and actually care, something the alphas DON’T!! They say stuff to the beta like, “I wish my BF was more caring and sensitive as you”, also telling him that, “Why can’t he be more like you, If I weren’t with him I’d go for you” or the famous “Some lucky girl just waiting out there for him”. Bullshit those three last things are like glue and make the alpha even more attached and the women KNOW THAT, that’s why they share it with HIM and not another girlfriend. Women like to have male serviant orbiters and they have no quilt on stringing him along with the justification that they TOLD him that was only what he was gonna get!! Sounds to me from you’re musings that you’ve never truly felt a strong attraction to anyone, your pussy must be gold and you’ll argue this for sure, but IF you did meet a guy that made your legs shake could you walk away that easily? Well you sound cold and calculated so maybe you’d just walk away and ignore that excited butterflies in the stomach feeling when you talk to a person that on so many levels makes you want to know them. If you haven’t then I hope you do someday and they hang around with you for a while getting close to them then give YOU the “Friends Only” option while they manipulate and take whatever support they want. After all this TRY to walk away easily when your hearts already all in if you have one. I’m sure that’s all the needy person’s fault and nothing to do with the other one like you!! Go buy a big jock strap, Sounds like you need one after this article, you wouldn’t understand this type of love as you need a heart to feel it. Relationships are probably like business transactions to you and maybe they are. I wish some of these manipulative full of themselves bitches like you would quit justifying their arrogant, selfish attitudes while emotionally castrating men by giving advice that’s cold as themselves while putting the men down. All Neurosis normally till they judge men, then turn colder than any man they’ve ever complained about saying we men are broken when it’s them that’s flawed. You want alpha, quit jerking around nice guys emotions using them as soundboards and take the abuse from the alpha like a man!! You got what you want now cover up that bruise that alpha gave you with some foundation and look in the mirror cause your a sexy bitch and you KNOW IT, and give more helpful advice, FYI: Don’t dump on the nice guy cause he doesn’t care anymore, he HAD a heart once and chose to see special somethings that were probably not in you anyways!!

• Save Parker says:

You wrote a really long response but I’m gonna try my best to address your points. Next time please use paragraphs if you’re going to write this much, because now it is way more porblematic, but I’mma soldier on. Also there will be essentially a follow up post to this tomorrow about “Nice Guys” and why you don’t want to be one, that can be beneficial.

• Save Parker says:

“Obviously it SEEMS that you have not been in that moment when you’ve met someone and your heart quivers and you wish you didn’t feel this urge to be with someone that you’ve just met.”
      - Right away I’m going to tell you that I have been in this situation countless times. And also that I am a guy, I think you thought I was a female from your response. Let me just clear that up, guy here that has experienced this first hand a lot.

“Most of the time as she acts oblivious to his feelings and take her a while to share this with him as she analyzes him from her outdated alpha male checklist. When the beta guy fails the internal checklist that by the way she’s unaware that he probably could develop alpha traits with confidence, she’ll however get the alpha that ignores, acts indifferent and doesn’t seem to value her, maybe ever beats her. She lives for the guy who ignores and acts indifferent as when she is in her whiny complaining mood it’s the beta that listens, and yes maybe cause he’s there cause he wants her but he wants her as he likes her as a person, not just a booty call FYI his actions SHOW this.”
      - I think its really damaging thinking about everything in this alpha/beta binary. Life is not just made up of betas who can’t get women and alphas who can but treat them poorly. It’s a whole spectrum of people who have positive and negative qualities that make up entirely different human beings. And being there to listen to a girl’s problems because you want sex, even if you say you like her as a person, doesn’t mean she has to have sex with you. Rejection is in her hands, and acting bitter because you think you are better than the person she is with (when you aren’t) just goes to show that you really don’t value her as a person because you can’t see how few of her needs you satisfy. You’re thinking selfishly and like you don’t care.

“You sound like an alpha chick that hates when a man with beta qualities is attracted to you and I’m SURE you share with him RIGHT away that you only want to be friends, hell no I was being sarcastic there!! No you know RIGHT from the start his intentions but you have to make sure he gets locked in before you share the “Friend Only” option knowing damn well that he’s gonna get obsessed.”
      -I’m not a girl first off. And if some beta loser falls in love with a girl, that is not her fault. That’s the guy’s problem for not realizing how there is no way a relationship can begin here because its probably pretty obvious. If you want to pretend you have a shot that’s your time wasted, and by all means keep pining away because she didn’t refuse all contact with you from the get go. But no matter how long you spend obsessing, it is never your obsessions fault. That is some damn fucked up thinking.

“Then they complain that he gets clingy and pushes him away. They take what they want so they have a willing companion that will be support when the things the alpha does upset them. They bang the alpha and tell the beta that’s hoping she’ll someday she’ll come to her senses and see how much of a prize he is but alas they never do.”
      - If they wanted a companion they could get one, and I’m sure any girl with guy problems has plenty of friends. This situation sounds like there is some obsessive guy all over this woman and she throws him a bone by talking to him even though she wants nothing to do with him. The problem here is that you’re thinking of yourself as a prize, instead of realizing how far you will have to go to actually become a prize. You want her to just realize you’re great, when you need to realize that you aren’t, she isn’t right for you, and spending any more time trying to convince yourself otherwise is both delusional and stupid. I repeat: You are not a prize, and this way of thinking will prevent you from working to make yourself better so you can be.

“They slap the betas in the face by telling what the negative things alphas do to them, they know fucking well that to a beta male with a heart that he’ll feel sorry for them and actually care, something the alphas DON’T!!”
      - The alpha beta thing is so wrong here. Just because she’s having a problem with a guy in confides it to someone else doesn’t mean the other guy doesn’t care. You’re just bitter you aren’t with her and assume the worst about the guy she’s interested in. Sure there may be some situations where the guy could be abusive, but I’m guessing for the most part these are normal people with normal problems that you aren’t understanding fully.

“Women like to have male serviant orbiters and they have no quilt on stringing him along with the justification that they TOLD him that was only what he was gonna get!! Sounds to me from you’re musings that you’ve never truly felt a strong attraction to anyone, your pussy must be gold and you’ll argue this for sure, but IF you did meet a guy that made your legs shake could you walk away that easily? Well you sound cold and calculated so maybe you’d just walk away and ignore that excited butterflies in the stomach feeling when you talk to a person that on so many levels makes you want to know them. If you haven’t then I hope you do someday and they hang around with you for a while getting close to them then give YOU the “Friends Only” option while they manipulate and take whatever support they want.”
      -Again, guy here. It is obvious here that you are experiencing “infatuation”, a strong attraction based on looks or small personal details that is felt by one person without the other even needing to be aware of it. Being infatuated means nothing, I’m infatuated like five times a day at least. Most of those girls have boyfriends, or jobs, or live far away or any other number of reasons why we won’t be together, the most important being that we wouldn’t work together. And yes, it is a very good idea to just walk away. If you don’t its not her fault, and this is one of the main points of the article. You don’t have to stick around, there is no reason to. If you CHOOSE to that’s on you, if you want to be her servant go ahead. But no one is making you besides your overblown infatuation and delusion that you are somehow growing closer when you are just being creepy and obsessive.

“After all this TRY to walk away easily when your hearts already all in if you have one. I’m sure that’s all the needy person’s fault and nothing to do with the other one like you!! Go buy a big jock strap, Sounds like you need one after this article, you wouldn’t understand this type of love as you need a heart to feel it.”
      -This isn’t love. This is obsession. You likely have no idea what real love is, because you are try to make thinking someone is beautiful and listening to their problems seem like some sort of grand love story. At least you’re aware that you’re needy, but you NEED to break away from people when you know that they will not respond to your creepy attraction in the same way. Don’t try to paint me as heartless because I can understand that unreciprocated feelings are NOT TRUE LOVE. You really don’t know how trivial these feelings you’re having are when compared to actual love.

“Relationships are probably like business transactions to you and maybe they are. I wish some of these manipulative full of themselves bitches like you would quit justifying their arrogant, selfish attitudes while emotionally castrating men by giving advice that’s cold as themselves while putting the men down.”
      - Describing women as “bitches” and “cold” by not falling in love with every guy that thinks they are attractive. Yup, you sound like a misogynist. And not only is that alarming, dangerous, and what should be a huge issue to correct in your life, but also explains a lot of this hatred towards women, and inability to see them as equal human beings with needs and desires that you could never fulfill.

“All Neurosis normally till they judge men, then turn colder than any man they’ve ever complained about saying we men are broken when it’s them that’s flawed. You want alpha, quit jerking around nice guys emotions using them as soundboards and take the abuse from the alpha like a man!! You got what you want now cover up that bruise that alpha gave you with some foundation and look in the mirror cause your a sexy bitch and you KNOW IT, and give more helpful advice, FYI: Don’t dump on the nice guy cause he doesn’t care anymore, he HAD a heart once and chose to see special somethings that were probably not in you anyways!!”
      -Holy shit you are a psychopath. I hope you get help, I really do. These are incredibly disheartening, and believe me, I am FEARFUL of any women who happen to come into contact with you. Please stop obsessing over women who have no interest in you, please stop thinking of people as just alpha or beta, please change all these harmful mentalities that show how you really don’t care about women at all. You have a lot of work to do in making yourself a better person, and I hope you take those steps before you hurt someone.

If you want to talk further my email is dont_email_me16@hotmail.com, that is my real email and not a joke. And I hope you can take seriously how you need to change your way of thinking, because it is incredibly problematic and I am legitimately worried for you.

• fxckdatbish says:

wow save parker you are a legit good dude. but home boy kinda sounds like a captain save a bish. but either way the fact that you went into that depth and detail to try and help said beta is pretty fucking cool. you have just garnished a lot of respect in my lame ass book. so many cool dudes on sywh it consistently is a pleasant surprise. much love save parker. i am looking forward to your follow up post on i believe it was “nice guys”.

• Save Parker says:

He probably has a lot deep seeded issues, but talking to him is the only way to overcome them and work to being a better person and someone has to do it <3

Thanks for the love man, always feels nice to get some internet validation. Check back at like midnight for that next post, really related to this one. My female roommate thought it was both accurate and pretty funny so it could be a pretty good one.

54. TMaster says:

From my experience women friendzone as it is lamely called when they aren’t interested, you can even try and be their friend and in the end they stop talking to you.
    Women have this thing where they think it is ok to lead a man on for long periods of time that you end up wasting when you could have been finding some one who is realistically looking for a life partner and at the same time you find they have the need to lead on many guys.
    Women will say they are looking for a nice guy… They will say they don’t want an @$$ but when push comes to shove and they find that nice and sweet guy they tend to trash his feelings then go date some @$$.
    Women will say they want honesty and you can be 100% honest with them and yet they will chose the guy who lies to them, has no respect for them and probably just wants to get laid just to turn around to the nice guy and want to cry on his shoulder… Well I for one will not let any hoe cry on my shoulder about some guy, I don’t believe in enabling and that is what listening to their ignorant drama is doing, Teaching them that when they get their feelings hurt by “mister right” that it’s ok to go hurt “mister nice guy”.
    TV has not helped in these factors spreading drama like wild fire as if it is ok… women who are invested into drama want to be hurt, They must, They are putting them self on the emotional roller coaster before you even meet them and taking the advertisement of what a perfect man is… These douche bags on TV are about as perfect as a broken sewage drain. Yeah they look nice but they are ignorant and about as intelligent as toilet but atleast the toilet has a use.
    Alot of women throw around the word love like it’s a ball for the next person to catch and have no idea on it’s meaning, Your pet cat will show you more love and have more self respect then the average girl it seems. Even while it sits in the middle of the room leg straight up in the air licking it’s self.
    The “independence” of women has made them feel superior for the most part in the dating aspect… Truth is they are no more independent then they were a 1000 years ago.. They just have more rights and depend on a system of slavery instead of family.
    I often see a gorgeous girl with a guy that I can’t even believe she is with… This is my failing not hers though, I make the simple mistake of think all humans have a soul when in fact the number of soulful creatures on this planet are very limited when it comes to humans.
    I fear the day someone comes up with a device that is just like making love to a real woman both visually and physically because men are gong to go for that instead of the head games and drama they get with the real thing and end up not even getting laid.
    They say every one is different but I have to disagree most people are exactly the same, They don’t care for the truth, They don’t care about reality… All they care about is themselves. This does not go for all of course but definitely a majority.
    Personally I have been in 1 serious relationship that last almost 5 years… I settled for physically less then I wanted and stayed fiercely loyal with a few options along the way that I turned down just in the end to have her kick me to the curb for another guy so that tactic doesn’t work either.
    The drama that fallows with single moms with more then 1 kid is beyond excessive, They think that after popping out a few they still deserve mister right who as I defined earlier is not mister nice guy, Got to stay away from them they are obviously looking for mister wrong.
    Pornstars get alot of respect but don’t have any self respect and I would almost put money down that they all have STD’s being that I am not a betting man I can’t actually put money down.
    Some women or maybe most look for sparks as they call it… Chemistry as they would like to falsify it when in truth they are basing it all primarily on looks.
    I would like to add that alot in this also goes for men… Oh and the I am looking for a man not a boy comment, They wouldn’t know the difference if it was beat into them every day of their lives…. They are going off a social media standard not a realistic self learned thought.
    Why are we allowing the media which was originally formed for misinformation to tell us what we like and don’t like?
    Assume things are not going to change and every thing I have typed here is a waste but I was in the mood so whatever.

55. Regina says:

Wow, after reading this I don’t feel so crappy about myself. It really is his fault why he got friendzoned and I was there for him, and I felt maybe -I- was being selfish for maintaining the friendship for like 6 years or whatever. But I was there for him, he was there for me, it was reciprocated in the beginning – he chose the wrong chick – I moved on, he thought I was in a temporary relationship – boom engaged for 3 years.

I thought he could be an “Uncle” to my kids, and ridiculous b.s. like that. This article just shows that if he still has meltdowns over it, then really – it’s not worth MY time, because it’s not MY fault he can’t keep his boner in check.

Plus, I’ve done more for him than he’s ever done for me – so, yeah, fuck him with a screw driver in the temporal lobe for making me feel guilty about this.

Thanks for the article, I blamed myself.

56. Rudy Motta says:

Oh no! I are not able to make it and I am so sad! I actually want to go nevertheless the girls are throwing me a heading away party that night at Angie’s. And i need so much clothes for my new job. So bummed. Anyway, have a very blast and i would go when using the dress its fab! XOXO

57. nu♘♘tej says:

It was only a matter of time b4 adherents to the modern-DaDaist movement migrated to SYWH & started engaging in highly conceptual Ubu Roi-esqe post-absurdism (or retards).

• Joshua says:

An ad-hominem hurts the person it is intended to , but leaves the point made intact since an individual’s attributes and the points that the individual makes are separate.
      In other words an ad-hominem does not bring you any closer to winning an argument since it is irrelevant and quite often erroneous too. ( surely nobody on this thread is a retard)

This article confuses many issues. Firstly, the concept of friend zone in itself is not bullshit, because there can exist a scenario where one party wants something more while the other doesn’t and never will.
    What this article is actually calling bullshit is the fact that men tend to complain about it. Even so, there are problems with it. Most men who complain don’t do so out a sense of entitlement to sex , rather they complain because of what they perceive as being lead on by the woman. Surely you would agree that if a woman knows a man wants something more than friendship and she doesn’t, she should put him out of his misery as quickly as possible. However, quite often the woman is not willing to relinquish the extra attention or place that friendship in jeopardy. This is tantamount to using him. Now personally I don’t agree with complaining, but not because the chap being lead on has no right to but rather, because it doesn’t make a difference. On the other hand in some scenarios men just like to complain even though they weren’t lead on. This is reprehensible but obviously the picture is not as black and white as you have portrayed, there are nuances to every situation and the article makes very broad brush strokes.

This article has confused what the persons in friend zone are advocating. They aren’t advocating that the person who holds their affections should be with them against their will in consideration of effort expended , but rather that they should reject them expediently as soon as they know of the affections. (and that it will lead to a dead- end) If that is done there is no reason to complain.

So if you are going to complain about people complaining, do so with a more holistic outlook, otherwise leave reason to the reasonable.

The men on this thread who are in full support of the article seem to think they have some magic formula with women. The reality is you are successful because you are physically attractive to them. Bragging about that is contrary to common sense since you have done nothing to influence how you turned out to look, you are the product of a genetic jackpot, congratulations. It’s like bragging about being born into a rich family.

59. Joshua says:

• Save Parker says:

Why is it the women’s responsibility to reject the guy immediately? If he knows she is not interested in a romantic relationship, as most of these “friend zoned” guys do, it is is really on them to get over their infatuation. More often than not these situations involve the awkward guys trying everything they can to make sure their crush thinks they AREN’T interested in them, just as a defense mechanism or out of fear of the inevitable rejection.

Really my main point here was that its all pretty much in your head, and if you accept reality you can save yourself a lot of pain and struggling in the long run. Why would you ever wait for someone else to reject when you aren’t even being forward with your intentions? That makes so little sense and is just encouraging more of this spongey-annoying-being secretive about feelings because of fear based fake friendships.

And your last paragraph seems very insecure and a little bitter. You can be born with a cute face or height or something, but people aren’t born with thick arms and abs, you work for it. People aren’t born with style, you learn from others and make your decisions. People definitely aren’t born with personality, you have to make conscious efforts to understand how you interact with other people and how to improve relationships at every level. And you definitely aren’t born with a work effort to succeed in the areas you want to in life. You aren’t just born with it or an outcast all your life, you become the person you want to be through years of effort and improvement.

Sounds you like you have some work to do man, both in taking responsibility for yourself and how you feel instead of pushing it off to other people, and accepting who you are and the ability to change yourself if you want to work for it.

60. Sombody says:

What if they guy is legitimately in love with the girl? It’s not all about sex and feeling entitled to sex. Love is not that simple, and not all friend-zoned guys are douche bags looking for pussy.

I am intrigued by romantic psychology, and am only looking to understand more.

• The girl does not owe him love, either. You can’t force falling in love with someone. So if the “friendzoned” dude has made an honest go at being the best, most got-his-shit-togetherest, respectful and loving dude he can be and she hasn’t fallen in love with him, then tough shit. It hurts, sure, yeah, but there is legit absolutely nothing you can do about it other than take like an adult and move on with life.
      Whining and pining never got anyone anywhere, ESPECIALLY not in these cases.

• Sombody says:

Christian.. In your opinion, what causes a girl (or a guy) to fall in love? Is it “chemistry”? Something cosmic or supernatural? Is it a side effect of compatibility? Or does it have more to do the guy having game and playing his cards right? If the girl doesn’t fall in love with the guy, does it simply mean the guy is not good enough for that particular girl and that she is out of his league? What are your thoughts?

• Save Parker says:

Love is a personal connection man. If its one-sided then its more of an infatuation. Love isn’t an instant thing, its something that grows over spending time together. But first you have to have a mutual attraction to even begin any kind of relationship. Its not about being “good enough”, its about being right for each other.

And that could change, people change, they might fall out of love, want different things, whatever. Its way way complicated man, but there aren’t any leagues or spiritual forces at play. Just people trying to be happy with each other and fulfill each other’s lives and stuff.

• Sombody says:

Thanks for your words Save Parker, I totally agree. There are are also many kinds of love. It builds.

I had an experience once that I’m still trying to figure out. It seemed like everything was there and mutual: comparability, friendship, physical attraction, trust, etc. I was totally in love with her by that time, but romantic progress seemed a bit slow, like i was in the “friend zone” or whatever. So I decided to talked to her about it.

She seemed very unsure and confused about her feelings, saying how fond of me she was and how much she cared about me. She admitted to being attracted to me, and how we were a perfect match. But she also said she felt something was missing, but she didn’t know what.

She said the most heartbreaking thing i could imagine, “Thank you for showing me they kind of guy I need to look for”

She called me a few weeks later and said that it wasn’t going to work.

I was devastated and heartbroken obviously. I have come up with a few theories about what may have been the issue. One is that she may have been looking for some spiritual force or sparkle, some sort of magic she believes love is. She may also have just been emotionally stressed and didn’t know what to do (she had been going through family issues etc.) It could also be that I was just another Nice Guy (with capitols) douche bag. What do you think? Have you heard of a situation like this before?

I don’t mean to complain or whine, just to further understand. If you think I was a Nice Guy douche bag, please let me know in a kind way, I’m a sensitive person. THanx!

• Save Parker says:

This kind of just happened to me actually. That really sucks man, and there’s no easy answer to why it happened because people’s emotions are just complicated. I would put this under “You did nothing wrong and shouldn’t change, you just met the wrong person and didn’t realize it.”

But hey, there’s always room for improvement, so if you think you might have been kind of a douche sometimes I would just work on that, and get out there and keep trying. Love stuff is hard but you’re on the right track.

61. Travis says:

There’s no such thing as a friendzone there never was my ex for example she said that u Travis I appreciate for what u done for me in 2 years u been so good to me its not u its me I think we should be just friends basically a BS line if I were y’all cut yours exes off and move the fuck on with your lives so stop whining about this good guy bad guy crap/friend zone its life not everything its meant to me

62. Bill E Bob says:

IF you want to have a RELATIONSHIP (intimate) with a girl

1. Study SMP, SMV and be sure you’re not a mama’s boy or BETAMAN trying to get with top quality a-grade alpha-class pu$$y. If you’re an average geek pining after the most popular gal (like that putz in all of the Transformer movies) unless you find yourself fighting alien robots to save the world, you’re not going to be out the alpha-males by being a SUPER NICE GUY. The author is right. If you try to “nice” your way into a woman’s pants, you’re essentially saying that nice is a currency and sex is a commodity. It’s a great idea, because some women put out for money, status, power, nice abs, or guys that repeatedly abuse them. That’s all ACCEPTABLE because women like it, and don’t consider it CREEPY, even if they admit that’s it’s week, or lame or pathetic. So, the guy with little to offer but “game night at moms with pizza pops… and regular intrusions from mom” is trying to come up with his own currency – NICE. WHY NOT? Women like NICE!, or dammit they SHOULD right? Well, they like handsome and nice, rich and nice, well build and confident and nice, interesting and nice. Dudes, nice is icing on the cake. You can’t feed a woman straight icing she will THROW UP.
    2. Do not be a friend to a woman you have a romantic interest in, do nice things for her, or hang with her and her girlfriends (if you do the last one, you might get to be one of her GIRLFRIENDS, which is even worse than the friendzone, because then you need to listen to the women talk about relationships with MEN, making you their gay guy friend, even if you’re not gay – just a wuss. If you want to TRULY be her friend and NEVER expect sex or intimacy (except for maybe the off chance of a drunken mistake she’ll regret) then a) never touch her b) never verbally make your intentions clear c) never ask her on a REAL date (her and you) and hang out with her and her girlfriends (male or female girlfriends hahaha). If you WANT her romantically, state your case. Walk up. Hi, my name is ___________, would you like to do a coffee some time? Yeah? Cool what’s your number?” If you can’t say that with a straight face, practice until you can. Hanging around and being cute and hoping she will FIGURE OUT that you want her romantically is idiotic. And being SWEET is the WORST thing you can do. SWEET + NO MOVES is what her BROTHER does dude.
    3. Slowly increase physical touch. First date, touch on the arm. Second date, be closer to her and perhaps a lingering hand on her shoulder. Much eye contact and smile. If she’s moving closer to you and smiling back and conversation becomes easier, you’re doing it right. If it gets quiet, or she pulls away, looks away, points her feet away or she makes you feel like you have a sweaty communicable illness, you’re doing it wrong.
    4. End first date with “Well, I had a great time – I’d really like to see you again.” Linger a bit, and then LEAVE. Leaving shows confidence and zero desperation.
    5. Make sure to plan dates – go to GOOD restaurants. Make sure there is an opportunity for the two of you to be alone at least for a while after dinner and the movie.
    6. There is a point where going clubbing with friends, going to restuarants, and being out in public is going to get old if BOTH PEOPLE have a physical interest in one another. Maybe it’s time for “Gee, I’m clubbed out. Why don’t you come over. I’ll cook you dinner and we can watch that game / that movie”. Then, after said game or movie, you ask her what kind of wine or beverage she likes. 2 people. Alone. Having beverage. If you can’t score from here, go back to being a beta-b1tch friend-zone victim.

My problem (as a recovering nice guy) is that I had serious serious game and then would SCREW IT UP by being her brother or girlfriend. Women (despite what feminists say) still want a real man and they DO NOT want you to make her the center of your world. That’s nuts. That’s HER job – to pine after you all day and make hearts with your initials in it and start naming your children. Men are supposed to get laid, feel good, then call up their buddies for billiards, sports, or being goofs at the local bar.

So yeah, the friend zone exists… in YOUR MIND. And you put yourselves there.

Oh, there are some women who will SHAMELESSLY use guys who have a romantic interest because, well, they figure they deserve it. But, a beta guy or guy with f***ed up notions about human sexuality and societal norms… does he deserve to be used and abused becuase of his character flaws?

Here’s my take on it.

Woman who says “Gee, you’re such a good friend” and uses him is a bit of a b1tch. He’s afraid to man up and admit his intentions. She’s afraid to be real and tell him it’s NO WAY.
    Woman who says “Yeah, you’re nice and all, but you and me? Not happening dude.”

But women think it’s NICE to be NICE and not say what they MEAN and be DIRECT – OH SNAP – you mean ask women to do the very same thing they expect of US GUYS?

Fuhgedaboudit.

If a woman uses the word “nice” in a sentence in reference to you, that means you’re not, in her eyes, in her league, or you just don’t do it for her. Accept it. Move on.

Don’t be the guy in the Transformer movies. Because there is no apocalypse for you to stop – the only impending tragedy being the rest of your twenties.

Yes, I was friend-zoned by my own wife and she left me because I made her my world instead of making my own world of a man and attracting her. I pushed her away by making her my world. I used to think that was horrible. Now I realize that’s how it works.

You gotta have your own life, something worth sharing. For those of us who have a hard time BECOMING that, well, life can suck at times. Being nice is easy. Having a life is hard, it takes work. Who are you? Find out. Then go out and ASK HER OUT. Don’t be a nice friend to her. It’s not what you want. It’s not what she wants either. She already has a gaggle of girlfriends to talk about guys with.

63. Funny, I was discussing this thing with my older sister the other day, now I’ll have one particular much more argument in my han xboter 2014

64. GSzLwaAl says:

adderall 30 mg adderall withdrawal forum – adderall abuse high school students

65. logansrun says:

This is pretty spot on. I’ve had many guy friends friendzone themselves for not being assertive or being self deprecating.Girls like guys who are a little cocky and who initiate.

66. chronimarc says:

All women are whores fucking kill em all

67. This is my first time visit at here and i am in fact pleassant to read everthing at one place.

100% bullshit, go to hell

Very quickly this web page will be famous among all blog users, due to it’s fastidious articles or reviews

70. Nhaz says:

Copied from another article (it was meant for this one):

Let’s just make something clear. The complaint of being “friendzoned” does not mean “uhhh I’m such a nice guy and I got rejected because of it”. It means “I try so hard to show her that I like her and she waves it off as friendly behavior”.

Why “friendzone”? It’s “friend” because it’s about someone who is, or is considered to be, your friend, and it’s a “zone” because in most guys’ perceptions, it equates to being left in an undesirable, inescapable zone (with electrified fences) to stay forever in with no chance to escape (guys tend to think that the zone is once in, always in and the girl’s perception of them will never chance under any circumstances, while in reality it does happen, just rarely). The zone where the non-boyfriend-material guys reside. You know, littered with the skeletons of the guy’s predecessors.

In reality, the term is invalid. It’s either such a zone but not a “friend” zone (the girl uses you in some manner and isn’t your friend at all) or she is really your friend yet you’re not in some “zone” you don’t want to be in, but are her friend out of your own choice.
    It boils down to two things: the guy is not adept at communicating how he feels and the girl is either oblivious or ignores it. Not taking someone’s romantic feelings and confiding in them about your love life with others in an allegedly friendly way is emotional abuse and this is what guys mean when they use the term, at least in my experience. That is the only “friendzone” a person should have right to complain about, although anyone with half a brain would leave it immediately.