For those who aren’t familiar, OBEY THE BRAVE is the newish srscore band featuring Alex from DESPISED ICON and some guys from BLIND WITNESS. If you lieked their first single, then you will prob be moshing to this new one, featuring Scott Vogel from TERROR:
- Intro/verse riff goes hard as fuk, and I’m definitely feeling this song in general. Sad 4 metalfags whose pussies will hurt because this isn’t DESPISED ICON, but I’m a hardcore bro so I welcome our new French Canadian mosh overlords.
- Dat complete lack of dynamic range in this mix. Did they tell the engineer “The waveform should look like a solid black bar. We paid for the decibels, we might as well use em!”
- Strong entry-level streetwear vibe: Alex’s WESC varsity jacket, and their logo banner which basically looks like a giant OBEY shirt (in b4 trademark infringement). On the positive side, that means they could just buy off-the-shelf OBEY shirts and sell them if they run out out of merch while they’re on tour and nobody would even notice.
- Chug chant at 2:25 “THIS IS ABOUT TO GET REAL!” is p cool, but I sort of wished it was “THIS ISN’T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!”
- I wonder what the people in the office buildings around this video shoot were thinking when they looked out the video: “Why are those vagrants on the roof next door, and why do they look so angry?? Why are there cameras? And who wears fitteds in 2012?!!”