I guess this song is a couple years old, but I didn’t hear it until just now because, you know, it’s 2013 so I don’t exactly keep close tabs on what’s happening with H20. I had no idea they kept producing music after like 1999, and after listening to this song about how Kids These Days suck and What Happened To Real Music, I wish they didn’t.
It’s really, really bad, so in case you can’t make it through, here are the cliffs:
- Opens with Michael Rappaport complaining about skinny jeans and some other stuff, but I don’t get the references to the other stuff because I’m not old enough (note, I am 34)
- What happened to CBGB? What’s that?? Oh, you mean that John Varvatos store that used to be some shitty dive bar?
- The ironing of H20 and ALKALINE TRIO of all bands asserting themselves as the guardians or tr00 hc/punx music. I would be shocked if Matt Skiba didn’t wear skinny jeans and mascara at some point btw
- Kinda bummed that Lou from SOIA is in this– I thought he was immune to oldfagism, but I guess it happens to the best of us :/
- lol @ him holding up some DESCENDENTS 7″ at 1:23 like it’s some kvlt punx classic when it must be from one of their late 90s reunion albums on Epitaph of whatever