Peep the new CITY LIGHTS album– easycore lives!!

city lights 2013

Cover art for the new LP; photo credit: Chase Clymer

When you hear about a band struggling to finish a record, it is normally a sign that they are dumdums/losers/disorganized fuckups and that the end is near for them. And worst of all, when u hear about them re-recording the entire album ur like “smdh water u doin guise” because that generally means they either showed up to the studio with no fucking idea what they’re doing, or picked some dipshit to record it. That is the case 99% of the time.

And then there is the 1% of the time where all that stuff is happening because the band are pushing themselves to do their best, and they’re not afraid to walk away from a finished record if it’s not right for them. And that is the case with our buddies in CITY LIGHTS, who are finally back with their second album after two long years. And it SLAPS!

Another favorite track from this record, featuring Bert from CHUNK NO CAPTAIN CHUNK– the #ezcrab dream team!

Liek CITY LIGHTS on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, and buy the album on iTunes!

This entry was posted in new jamz and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Peep the new CITY LIGHTS album– easycore lives!!

1. uppercut613 says:

duuude i can really get down with this. i feel like they realized there was still a small easycore demographic who’s demands were not being met. well, city lights, i speak on behalf of myself and the rest of the easycore community: our demands have been met!!! that “na na na” mightve been taken straight out of a blink 182 song circa 1999 but god damn it’s so catchy!

2. 3rdgrace says:

what i got from this videos was that if you’re dorky city lights fan, then working out and dressing up like guy from suicidal tendencies will get you respect!

great song tho.

3. hgsg says:

WE’VE BEEN ON THE GRIND; PUNK ROCK KIDS SINCE 99

I <3 it so much

4. I Don't Get It says:

listening to the new album via spotify so awesome. makes me want to skateboard and yell at my mom ‘U JUST DONT UNDERSTAND’

punk rock kids since ’99

5. shawnyouwillhate says:

punk rock kids since 99 – full varsity back print coming in 5…4…3

6. RickRoss says:

Thought I was listening to Atreyu when I got about half way through Idols. Sick album am loving it.

7. Brozilian says:

OMGGGGG BERT IS ON ITTTTTT!!! <333
    I'm so stoked I could frontflip outta my room or some shit

8. TLDR says:

Pure catchiness. Thanks for sharing Sarge!

My Dad even knocked on my door wanting to know what I was listening to lol (100% srs)

PS I actually bought this on itunes with an ancient gift certificate I completely forgot about but learned I had thanks to your itunes link! You just made your bros 9.99 Sarge

• The UggKreayshawn Strain says:

Was he yelling at you to turn it down & go mow the lawn? Strong flashback feels from this album 4 me bros.

• TLDR says:

Actually no! He just wanted to know what it was because he thought it sounded good. And my family is too poor for a lawn :(

lol

9. djw69 says:

“see you at the top” is straight out of a tony hawk game/10

10. Pat says:

I’m seriously loving this “old skool” Easycore sound! them feels man, them feels

11. sauce says:

“In this video they’re all liek “guys we weren’t always cool dudes in a B+ level pop-punk band whose crowning achievement is opening for STATE CHAMPS we used to be dorky losers liek u we are one with the underdogs believe in urself and u too can achieve ur dreams one day u can be as successful as we are and go on 1.5 week tours playing the worst venues on earth to 35 kids and come home to our jobs answering the phones at the tattoo shop and waiting tables at a yuppie italian restaurant for Abercrombie merchants.” Also, strong parker cannon vibe from chase in this one, i like the direction he is taking his personal brand!”

i like that you’re friends with them so writing this is just really funny, instead of being really funny and a slight to them.

12. sauce says:

that park looks like fun too

think the bassist is rocking a FULL OF HELL beanie in that first video (noise/grind band that hardcore kids like for some reason????), very advanced

catchy songs too