pop punk then vs. pop punk now

poppunkneon

poppunk

About uppercut613

thx 4 reading. i love u all. harass me here: https://www.facebook.com/uppercut613
This entry was posted in easycore, neon merch, pop-punk and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to pop punk then vs. pop punk now

1. Void Eater says:

Its so bizarre to see remnants of The Wonder Years’s zany past pop up.

• uppercut613 says:

i posted this in the defend pop punk group on facebook and nick from TWY is commenting in the thread. i asked him if they’d ever make neon merch again if there was a neon revival and he said “If that’s what kids are buying… maybe. We might be too srs to revert.” haha

• Seamus-Doyle says:

I remember twy had a shirt with like Teddy Roosevelt riding a grizzly bear into battle on it. The wonder years shirt I have now is the exact maroon color in the picture. This post is scary accurate.

2. Civil Chaos says:

Is that Freshman 15 shirt in the top left bundled with the album?

Sweeeeeeet.

3. postcore says:

got my best friend a wonder years crewneck for christmas and it’s precisely that color

4. Andrew says:

I’ll go ahead and admit I didn’t like the Wonder Years til they got srs. Set Your Goals were great during the neon era though.

5. Tyler says:

My Real Friends shirt is that exact maroon color with an anchor on it. lol. I think the reason that pop punk bands stopped printing neon with crazy designs like that, is because all the post-hardcore, Hot Topic bands started picking up on it and copying that same crazy design style…now that pop punk bands are going more elegant, the hot topic hardcore bands are doing the same thing. My band is even going elegant with our shirts, but trying not to make them so boring.

6. SolarFlareSuperior says:

The good ol days. Totally remember that freshman 15 album. Are they still around? If they are are they still fun or gone tr00?

but what about the tie dye revival dudezzz

• uppercut613 says:

tie dye = not neon

• Bronson says:

This, and honestly as quickly as it came, I feel like the tie-dye thing was a microtrend that is already on its way out. It’s as if pop punk wanted to experiment with ironic hippy imagery for a second, but realized it didn’t actually like it so it immediately went back to clinging to the seriousness of varsity colors harder than ever.

8. haymaker904 says:

ur gunaa need a bdy bg

9. Sergeant D says:

NEON.

NEVER FORGET.

single_tear.gif

10. nat says:

I found a great vintage blessthefall shirt at a thrift store with like a neon grizzly bear on it with snot coming out of its nose and such. prized possession!