guy from metro station makes cameo in cringey video; solidifies washed-upness

We all know Trace Cyrus is living it up, touring with the Millionaires, immersed in the glamorous lifestyle of the rich and famous, but it left me to think “what are the other members of Metro Station up to?” Have any of them achieved the untouchable god tier level of success that Trace Cyrus has?

So, the other day I stumbled upon this video (courtesy of BryanStars YouTube channel) which features a bunch of tweens holding up signs with cheesy sentimental messages on them and then I get to the 2:03 mark and I’m like “dafuq? Who is this out of place old dude who looks like a slightly younger real life version of Fat Tony from the Simpsons?” Then I realized, “wait a second, that’s the lead singer slash guitarist from Metro Station! Why is he in THIS video? lmao.”

But that’s not even the best part. It’s all about the part at 2:55, when this “Jordan Sweeto” character pops up from the side of where the Metro Station dude is standing and is all like “look guys! I’m actually here with him!! He didn’t just submit a video, I actually got to hang out with him, the singer of Metro Station, in person!!!” Then the Metro Station dude instinctively tries to conceal his face due to embarrassment by hiding behind the paper, like “ugh how did my life amount to this, pls take me back to 2008″. Oh how the mighty have fallen…

meme

About uppercut613

thx 4 reading. i love u all. harass me here: https://www.facebook.com/uppercut613
This entry was posted in bands i used to think were good and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to guy from metro station makes cameo in cringey video; solidifies washed-upness

1. eettee says:

I dont get what this post is supposed to be about, but that song is really catchy.

Also someone on SYWH needs to make a post about vocaloid.

2. nu⚡⚡tej says:

SYWH is officially lost-at-sea, rudderless, caught in the doldrums, it’s captain awol, it’s crew driven mad by scurvy, dying of thirst, committing vile acts of sodomy & cannabalism upon each other. Goodbye.

3. ripping bolts says:

dafuq tis feemintist proproghandi. dis french mycrofone artickeels ritan buy bro wholez. hi-que cydeline haturz .

4. SolarFlareSuperior says:

This song reminds me of the days of one man band myspace pop acts. Also woah he’s seen better days that’s for sure. Also does anyone remember when Trace Cyrus was going to have a show on the travel show with his dad and they go on UFO searching expeditions back in like 2010 0r 11?

you really get what this site is all about.

6. Alex says:

Does anyone else find it random that uppercut seems to have taken this site over from sergeant D? Not hating on uppercut cause I love some of his articles (especially the real hardcore and french canadian skate punk ones). Just wondering who else noticed this changing of the guard?

7. trace says:

This Jordan guy should definetly drop the scene hair, and start making pop covers a la patty walters. With a little hope, this kind of music will be popular again thanks to 5SOS…

8. postcore says:

Uppercut have you ever thought of just having your own blog?

• uppercut613 says:

no point really since (most of) my posts follow the theme of SYWH. dont worry guys, sarge is still around, its just that you cant expect him to post on here everyday

9. Nightshift says:

Will make fun of every thing I think is dumb. But will not tell you 2 stawp poasting

10. LAIFF says:

I like this article. It’s more of the “where are they now” type stuff I was asking for last week. *thumbs up*

11. kb! says:

the only thing I recognized in that video was the girl in the pikachu hoodie(she runs a pokemon yt page yeah I go there)