Stuff You Will Hate is a blog where we make fun of stuff we like. Sometime that makes people mad. We like hardcore, pop punk, rap and anything else that isn't metal. Read this if you want to 'know what this site is really about.'
We are always looking for more people to write for us, so you're interested, hit us up!
My band ENPEDESTALMENT
Br00tal FRIENDZONE SLAM featuring guest appearances by BIG CHOCOLATE, 7 HORNS 7 EYES, GOLIATH and CITY LIGHTS. Debut EP "NOT ALL GUYS ARE JERKS" out now!
The SYWH Podcast
Listen to Sergeant D bullshit with people in your favorite bands, talk shit, and laugh at his ghey voice. New show every week or two, don't sleep on it!
- Anonymous on PUNK ROCK PARENTING: How should I keep my kids from being into art or music??
- uppercut613 on I miss when bands used to rip off Forever The Sickest Kids (via BOYS WILL BE BOYS)
- Adward on I miss when bands used to rip off Forever The Sickest Kids (via BOYS WILL BE BOYS)
- Latinoheat!!! on I miss when bands used to rip off Forever The Sickest Kids (via BOYS WILL BE BOYS)
- autosalon on BRB GUISE
- South Boston 'Tardcore on Regarding DROPKICK MURPHY’s and other faux-Irish punk
- Chad Bischoff on Let’s talk about SCENEKIDS.COM
- buy cheap laptop screens on The ugly truth about 90s hardcore: spock haircuts, JNCOs, and girls who look like boys
- alex on I miss when bands used to rip off Forever The Sickest Kids (via BOYS WILL BE BOYS)
- Zig on Let’s talk about BEARD CULTURE
Author Archives: King Krakken
The butthurt is strong in this one my friends… Not sure which is sadder, the dudes much older than me being butthurt about the ‘young kids’, or the kids much younger than me being butthurt about other young kids…. LOL … Continue reading
Hands down (to me at least) the explosion of skateboarding popularity in the early ’80s was the cornerstone event for ‘alternative’ culture to take hold across America. Prior to skateboarding, the punk and hardcore scenes were really limited those directly … Continue reading
Fairly certain this is the worst thing I’ve ever seen. I mean, I’m no rap expert, but I have a hard time imaging it as an art form sinking much lower? Some highlights: @ *the very fucking beginning* – seems … Continue reading
I dunno, maybe it’s just me, but man do I find stereotypes funny… even more funny are parents that basically groom their kids to be living stereotypes the second they are out of the womb! Case and point, current news … Continue reading
As a bit of an armchair observer of American subcultures (via being lazy and uncommitted), I love when you can pinpoint that one thingthat kicked off a major trend. Ever since the early ’90s, everyone and their brother is either … Continue reading
So, back when I mentioned that Fugazi’s release of live recordings reminded me of the Grateful Dead, I was 100% convinced I would get brutally mocked – but lo and behold peeps actually requested a post on the Dead! It goes … Continue reading
NOTE: This is a prelude to a bigger post on comic books in general! So many things I was ‘into’ when I was younger have just completely failed to have relevancy to me today – Youth Crew/SXE hardcore, um, higher … Continue reading
File this under “shit you probably don’t care about”, but I got an email from Dischord the other day (kinda like junk mail, I’m not sure how I got on their mailing list…) letting me know that more shows had … Continue reading